Did you mean: 

Huawei Watch GT Free with Huawei P30 Pro - An absolutely disaster

veronicatee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Order Number: ms-112444417

I upgraded a sim only plan and took a new Huawei P30 Pro as part of upgrade as my partners phone was on its last legs.  Along with upgrade came the offer of a free Huawei Watch GT and a choice of one of three gifts. Kondor ran one promotion, while Huawei ran the other.

Kondor were amazing.  Their free gift was easy to apply for, quickly approved, and arrived within a couple of days. A first class service.

However, Huawei are an absolutely disaster.  I have never seen anything so bad in a long time.

Claiming the free gift is relatively easy.  It's done online and most of the information is relatively easy and standard.  However, after making the application, the approval process is just simply beyond belief.

They want the order information and the invoice.  However, O2 don't  provide an invoice, so you ask them for a proof of purchase.  Unbelivably O2 won't provide this as I'm not using the phone, my partner is.

Back to Huawei and they ask for the despatch notice. I never keep this and I don't know anybody who does.

The whole process is a nightmare of paperwork requests, that I can only see is designed in order to make qualifying for the free gift as difficult as possible.

In my case, it is just simply not possible to be approved for this free gift.

Huawei:

You would think they have enough bad publicity and would be keen to avoid any more, espeially from customers.

O2:  Looking through this forum, I can see proof of purchase topics going back to 2012.  Is it really hard to provide an invoice along with a new phone and is it really so difficult to inform Huawei that an order is a qualifying order.

I'm not interested in begging for a so-called gift and they can keep it.  However, I am really interested in anybody else has who has had the same abysmal experience, as I think this is a matter that should be highlighted elsewhere.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Why not just ask your partner to request proof of purchase?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

veronicatee
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
If only it were that easy. No it isn't.

You would think that would be an easy place for O2 to store it and allow us to access it.
Message 4 of 7

veronicatee
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It's my account
Message 5 of 7

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Surely you can just load the order invoice from the 'my orders' section of the MyO2 website?
Message 6 of 7

veronicatee
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Of course I can load the order details from the "My Orders" section. However, that is not an official invoice.

If it were that simple I would have done it.
Message 7 of 7