cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find out telephone number of last caller on my mobile?

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10791 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

Is there a number to call from my mobile (like 1471 landline) to find out the last number that called my mobile phone?

I do not use voicemail.

Thank you all....TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

TallTrees
  • 10791 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

Thank you @jonsie

I will consider that too, I think I need to get organised with my mobile

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 11 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TallTrees

Don't be scared of your phone

Remember, you can always hang up.

Message 12 of 28

TallTrees
  • 10791 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

I now understand that @MI5  

I will not be able to get the number that came through.

I will deal with these as nuisance and not answer them, doesn't matter to me who they are.

If someone really wants to speak to me properly then they can and show who they are.

Thank you for your helpful messages

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 13 of 28

TallTrees
  • 10791 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

I have set my phone not to display my number ~ I think that is a small but useful choice.  

Thank you very much for your most helpful messages and support.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 14 of 28

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
If it says withheld then it's a 141 job along with number you call if it's a private number it means that whoever had the number has made it private through like bt as I used to live in treborth garden centre which family owned and the number was private so say i called you house or mobile it show as private
Message 15 of 28

TallTrees
  • 10791 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

Hi @liggerz87  

Thank you for your information. I understand and thanks for taking the time to answer and try and help me too.

I had this mobile phone after I experienced a serious data breach.  My name, address, my telephone numbers etc. were all out there ~ I could only answer this phone.

This mobile was my only escape from the bombardment of phone calls on my landline from scammers.

Subsequently that hacked  info has been sold on and on to more and more scammers but only with the same backed information.  To me my mobile was mine away from "that" ~

Yesterday I had two unknown calls showing on my mobile "Private"  and frankly I became so upset because I felt that Scammers had access to harrass me again,  I was trying to stop it or them ~ I didn't know. Not the same hackers or scammers but some hacker/scammer.

I have calmed down since talking to the Community Members giving me great understanding and advice.

Unless you have experienced such an event it is difficult to understand ~ it is something like being a wild animal and being constantly "hunted"

Many best wishes and many thanks to all ~ TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 16 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TallTrees wrote:

I have set my phone not to display my number ~ I think that is a small but useful choice.  

It can be useful, but the downside is that your own contacts (particularly friends and family) won’t know that it’s you that’s calling them either. I used to feel paranoid about my keeping my contact details private, but a lot of cold calls are the result of companies dialling random numbers, rather than your number being passed on to third parties (although I’m sure that does still happen).

I routinely block nuisance callers, but if I’m feeling bored, I sometimes turn the tables on them, and wind them up to the extent that they hang up first  tongue

Message 17 of 28

TallTrees
  • 10791 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Hello and thank you for your message.  I have read and understand and I know you are right, it is possibly an over- reaction on my part.  The explanation is that my details were hacked in a major data breach.

I suffered "with chin up" to a bombardment of scammer phone calls on my landline ~ my name my address etc., was out there. Worse that data has been sold over and over again to more and more scammers.

This mobile was my own ~ my escape ~ I could answer this.

Yesterday I had two calls both showing up "Private" 

so I was upset ~ scammers had found me.  My mobile was compromised.

You are correct ~ it could be anything just a company selling something using a Computer to ring a series of numbers. (actually I hadn't considered that) until you mentioned it.

I used to answer my landline (at first) either hanging up or telling them off.  However (on the landline) the more I answered it the more calls that came!  Their success was me answering.  So I never answered my landline and I haven't answered my landline for 3 years.

I don't really know how to block nuisance callers on my mobile, I pressed "ignore" and the phone stopped ringing.  

I have all my contacts numbers in my phone with their names so I know who is calling.

I have been looking around in my settings but can't see anything like block unknown callers there.

Thank you so much for  your information appreciated ~ I am feeling better today! smile

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 18 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 123367 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@TallTrees

I can understand your fear if you have been victim of a data breach. Everyone has their own way of dealing with them.

As far as I am aware you can't block a withheld number as there is no number displayed to block.

It depends on my mood as how I deal with them. The usual suspects are from 'Microsoft' telling me my Pc has been compromised. I usually reply. 'That's interesting as I haven't got a PC' (we have 4) The caller disconnects themselves with that answer

I have had a few from 'BT' advising me my internet connection has been compromised. I reply... 'How amusing,

considering I am with Sky. (I'm actually with BT but as my internet is showing no sign of being compromised I either face them down or say nothing and they disconnect.)

Other than that I just disconnect the call.

When my son was in rented property it had a landline. He kept an air horn next to it. If he had a spam call he just pressed the air.horn.

I guess we will get more and more as technology advances. Annoying as they are I guess we just have to deal with them as we see fit

For mobiles there is always Truecaller.

"Truecaller is a mobile app developed that finds contact details globally given a name or telephone number, and has an integrated caller ID service to achieve call-blocking functionality"

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear of your bad experience(s) with p$$i people / companies

I only have a mobile - my landline is my Sky internet - I have no handset

Private Calls mean a medical to me, which I just have to answer for myself / my mum is in hospital / my son has only comparatively recently gone back to work after a longish bout of illness which could recurr

I think this thread should be on a board where Kudos can be given ... It Is A Technical Subject, possibly on the Discussions & Feedback Board ... = ... imhho

I deal with Spam calls with Who's Calling Please? - then politely say No Thank You = saves my blood pressure going sky high

Truecaller I have on my phone and is most useful to find out who called you as happened to me yesterday - I got 2 missed calls which Truecalled showed identified

Message 20 of 28