Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to contact 02 if like me you are deaf / mild or profound-

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi  I spotted a resonse from a gentleman who was having trouble contacting 02 over an imoportant issue. He eventually admitted he couldnt hear well

For any one like me who has hearing loss then this is the way I contact 02.    Read the notes at the bottom of the steps below. This will show you what to have ready and how to proceed

1 Go to the 02 website and log in

2  Find the help tab along the top of the web page - click it

3  Look down the help choices. find Contact us   and click it

4  A new page will appear with 3 choices .  Click the first choice CHAT which has a photo of a young lady on it

5  This will take you to your own chat page  you can enlarge it by usual small square box at top right  or leave the page as it is

6   This new page will tell you where you are in the queue.  Then a name of the agent will appear  and you can begin. They usually ask your name first and then the problem

• Have the  phone number of , or device details you are enquiring about, your account security details.   (There may be ways round this)  Pen and paper.
  • Allow time for the agent to read your request and responses . They will reply asap.
  • Be precise and concise as possible.  Reading is different from a phone call  it is less interactive.
  • Sometimes I have to tackle an issue more than once to get it sorted  but usually it is successful
  • You may be refered to an expert so be patient
  • Give as good feedback as possible   and ask how to save the CHAT B4  the end if you wish to refer to the details againA notice like this could be posted on several boards on the Community site I chose this one. Move it or copy it as needed.
  • Best of luck    it takes a bit of getting used but it works and needs to be used by deaf people in order for 02 to continue the service
  • Beast Wishes
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Good advice there @Jenny105

We should ask our community managers to add it to our index of useful guides.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Yes something like that. some one could jiggle/correct with it BUT only if they in someway DEAF !!
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It needs no jiggling wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Jenny105 wrote:
Yes something like that. some one could jiggle/correct with it BUT only if they in someway DEAF !!

That would be me then.....😂

This could potentially help many of us who are hard of hearing who can't watch TV without the volume ramped up and even then need subtitles.

Great post.

Message 5 of 5