cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should we improve announcement on phone releases and software updates?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

Over the last few months, we've had several discussions about how we announce phone releases and software updates. Because we'd like to improve these announcement in a way that works for you, I'd really love to hear what kind of improvements you'd like to see.

So, please keep it constructive and I'll see what we can work out slight_smile

Cheers,

Leonard

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Haha, I know you'd like that. Unfortunately, that's not in my hands though, but I will certainly recommend it slight_smile
Message 21 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
It's what keeps customers happy.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 25

k100rs
Level 3: Thinker
  • 32 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Why can there not be a page on the O2 site detailing all of the recent and current phones and the (genuinely) expected date for the next firmware update

--
Steve Parry

Phone timeline:
Nokia 5110, 6210, 6310i, 6600, 6670, 6300, N80, 3230, 9100, 5800 XpressMusic, N8, Z10 ....... currently Nokia 5 br>
provider: Cellnet>BT Cellnet>O2 .....
Message 23 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Leonard,

Its great to see that you're personally taking a real hands-on approach to this, and Its nice to know as a customer that work is being done to improve communications...even if it is still at the beginning.

I think Ive pretty much covered everything I had a gripe about, I think what frustrated us BlackBerry Z10 owners most was that Vodafone released the update almost instantly yet for a week all O2 customer reps were feeding us a standard response about how they had no news on any update. Even if we were told it was being worked on and would be released by a certain date, it would have helped to ease our minds! It would be interesting to know how many Z10 owners asked for an unlock code from O2 that week...

The other thing (again as I have already mentioned) is that we were told to watch for an announcement from O2 about the update...and we're still waiting! Yes we recieved a notification on our phones, but it would have been nice customer service just to even send a tweet to say it was about to/had been released.

The O2 Twitter staff are generally very good and do respond so I cant fault them in any way (other than spamming my timeline with Retweets when the Q&A with some English rugby player was taking place), communications over that medium is very good...they just really need to be kept informed when customers, and arguably a fair few customers, are all asking about the same thing. Is there an escalation process where customer facing staff can delve deeper into the organisation to look for an answer to problems, ie if an update is being released?

I know my organisation has a whiteboard feature on our helpdesk so that when 10 or more of the same issue arises, EVERYONE is made aware of it and it can be escalated to the appropriate person faster. Is there scope for that sort of thing?

Sorry for the long post again! 

Message 24 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great post, PapaDug - don't worry about it being long grin

I'm not 100% sure on all the support processes, but for major events, I'm pretty sure that's how it works. The Z10 software update would have probably have had too few queries in the grand scheme of things. I really do like the idea though and will try and see what we can do.

The main thing I worry about is also the different types of information that hit the forum from different members. Ideally, I'd love the forum to be a place where you can always find the latest and most accurate information, so you know that this is the place to find the one truth wink

Streamlining the info across different channels is definitly the other challenge and I'm hoping to tackle both at the same time. It might be challenging, but all of your thoughts, suggestions and ideas will definitely help in getting there.

Thanks again,

Leonard

Message 25 of 25