cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How shocking are o2!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanted to know if anyone else has been having problems with o2 at the mo?

ive been an o2 customer for over 12 years and the last few months have been hell! the conversation I have just had with customer services has made me so mad I had to write this. It started a month ago When I requested an £10 Amazon voucher through rewards so I could get my son a birthday present. It was his 5th birthday and this was for the only present he was going to get. When the voucher hadn't arrived I used the web chat to ask about It and the person on the end ignored all I had to say and ended up putting what was left in my rewards account onto my fone balance - I was saving this for his xmas pressie. I was told this couldn't then be put back into my rewards account but They agreed It was their fault so after much hassle They promised to send a cheque for the whopping sum of £16.50 - £10 for voucher and other was what was in my account. I was promised the cheque would arrive in time for me to get his pressie. While waiting for this o2 had a system error and deactivated my sim card so more time to get It active and my credit put back on. They told me It was because I hadn't used my fone in 6months - I had used It to fone my husband the day before and them 2 weeks before - what a farce! Unsurprisingly the cheque didnt arrive. my son was very upset not to get anything for his birthday and I felt terrible, like I was the worst mother. I regularly go with out food so he can eat so I really couldn't afford to get him anything. ive never seen anybody so disappointed before. When I just fone up o2 again to find out where It was I was told that It didnt matter and that the only important thing was that I spent the day with him!!!!! How can It not be important he was 5 and didnt get a birthday present and he was so understanding When I told him he would only be getting 1 present and then not to get that even. I had to put the fone down on the woman from customer service I was so cross - I cant believe anyone can say a 5yrs old feelings are not important

has anyone else had similar problems after 12yrs I feel They have no loyalty to their customers and am seriously considering finding a better provider!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MiamiGuy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 60 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Firstly, it seems like you have had a troubled time with this issue. It sounds simple enough and I can't imagine what went wrong.

What kind of rewards scheme was the Amazon voucher through? O2 Rewards? Priority Moments?

The more information, the better. This way, we could maybe point you in the right direction?

As for complaining about the customer service aspect, I agree that it should not take this long for something so simple.

I'm a Telefónica UK (O2) employee but post in a personal capacity. As such, views are my own and not those of the company.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
it was o2 rewards. i used £10 to order a amazon voucher and was saving the other £6.50 towards another for xmas
Message 3 of 8

MiamiGuy
  • 60 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Thanks for the information. I would recommend maybe going to the O2 Rewards Website to find more information. Maybe you could contact someone at the Rewards team on this page.

If you do contact customer services about it again, they may be able to get a contact for you. I don't know how much information Customer Services have on Rewards, but they should be doing everything they can to point you in the right direction. See the link below. Sorry I couldn't help any further.

https://payandgorewards.o2.co.uk/web/guest/landing

I'm a Telefónica UK (O2) employee but post in a personal capacity. As such, views are my own and not those of the company.
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

the farce gets worse the cheque arrived today a week after my sons birthday and instead of the £16.50 I should have got it was for £12.45!!!! how incompetent are they!

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I totally agree maybe if all o2 customers did change to another network provider o2 would reconsider going back to the old way pure rip off .
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 is not giving any rewards as you cant build them up anymore so you can't add them to buy anything the old way was lot better way .
Message 7 of 8

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry to hear you're happy and you're welcome to discuss your issue here on the community. However, this is a very old forum thread, so I have closed it. PLease use the link below to create your own new thread if you wish to slight_smile

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/forums/postpage/choose-node/true/interaction-style/forum?message-subject

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 8