Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long are they going to use COVID as an excuse for poor customer service

Stevoc19
Level 1: Joiner
  • 23 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Get an email from O2 and it clearly states if you want to contact us email this address only to have the email Auto rejected as they no longer give that service but you can live chat... Apart from live chat link takes you nowhere apart from My O2 which just takes you around in circles.

This is absolutely appalling service. Try to speak to anyone and the only line that gets answered is the one that you call to cancel contract.

I actually made the mistake of calling last week and renewed my contract. Big mistake.

I had the lovely free Disney+ but because I upgrade they cancel the subscription only a few weeks into the 6 months...

As soon as I can actually get to speak to someone tomorrow I'm reversing that decision.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

O2Sophie
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions
I'm sorry to see that you've had difficulties getting a resolution to your issue with Disney Plus. If you give customer services a call on 202 in the morning, from your mobile. When asked, select lost or stolen, and you will get to speak to a person. Please let me know how you get on.
signature
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Stevoc19 

I'm not defending O2 as I am a customer like you. However, due to social distancing requirements, many O2 staff are still working from home and don't have full accesss to everyones details.

Having said that, I agree with you, getting hold of an advisor nowadays is worse than finding a needle in a haystack.

Best time to call is usually 8am when they open and using any of the numbers in this guide

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Even press lost/stolen or fraud to get through.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It’s a **** excuse now.
We’ve been back at work since July 1st with COVID measures in place.
No excuse for O2 call centres at all.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

O2Sophie
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

This is the update from the government on 31st July re contact centres - Offices and contact centresUpdated the guidance on protecting people who are at higher risk (section 2.1). From 1 August, clinically extremely vulnerable individuals can go to the workplace as long as it is COVID-secure, but should carry on working from home wherever possible. 

signature
Message 5 of 5