cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How difficult can giving a PAC be????? Now close to 5 hours of trying

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh dear,
In desperation, I emailed this address for some help.  Got a message back telling me to try 'chat' on teh website, and they would not be responding to my email!

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: "mycare@o2mail.co.uk" <mycare@o2mail.co.uk>
Sent: Monday, 22 October 2012, 11:15
Subject: Service - end of contract

Hi
The story started when I decided I want an iPhone 4 or 4s.  I asked for upgrade on the online chat thing.  He said he can't do - and because I WANT an iPhone, he said I must give 1 month notice to quit my contract, and pay the difference (which would ocme out my bank when my month ends - Seventy-odd pounds was the value)  I said fine - take notice from today - he did - I got confirmation - all hunky dorey.

Now I want a PAC so that I can get my iPhone elsewhere  (as he was unwilling to sell me an iphone contract) despite having been with O2 since coming to this country years ago and being very very happy.

Well from my experience on that day onward it has been a downward spiral.

Over the past 5 days I have spent over 4 hours holding on to the phone, to get a PAC number, during 6 calls. Think about it - 6 calls -4 hours - quite a queue you have going there! (people leaving like rats from a sinking ship?)

I then tried your online chap - askign for my pac. Well, dear, oh dear, oh dear.  He took the details - slowly.  I passed the security test too. He asked why I'm leaving and I told him. He said he would check my account – I told him that has been done and sorted – he checked it anyway.   A long time later, he said he would pass me to another department. 

I then got Sayed – and he went through all the above again.  I said I had to go out, and just want my pac.  He said he would give it to me.  I waited.  He then asked if he can do anything to keep my custom.  NO, I just wanted my PAC.  Ok he would give it to me.  Waited – told him I was now very late and had to be 14miles away in 4 minutes.  He said he would give it to me – just a moment.  Then a few minutes later after waiting, he asked if I would like my pac?  I said yes.  He then asked if I would like my pac NOW.  And so it went.  I had to leave.  He wrote that because I was not responding he was closing the call and I could try again or phone 202.  I have held on for an hour and 6 minutes on 2 calls this morning.

I WANT MY PAC NUMBER.  TRANSCRIPTS OF SAYED’S CHAT ARE GOING ONLINE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, AND EVERY FORUM THAT I AM ON. 

I HAVE A LEGAL RIGHT TO A PAC.  GIVE IT TO ME.

(my name, address and phone number here) 
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Hmm that sucks your having problems:( when I left O2 all those years ago(before coming back) your best bet is told wait on the phone. Sorry to say it.

Some people have had luck on chat but its proved to be useless on the whole.

You'll have to call 202 sorry:(

Keep us updated:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 17

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

I'm afraid I agree with Liquid.

O2 Chat is how can we say nicely, mmmm pointless at best.

I would def ring 202 and choose option 2, option 2 and option 2.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 3 of 17

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I wonder how much the bill is for O2 gurus:(
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145837 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28021 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:
I wonder how much the bill is for O2 gurus:(
Too much !!!!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 17

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

WEll, someone phoned me the day after this post - after having to get a bit rude to get him to stop asking questions and just give me the pac, he eventually gave me a PAC number - but they have now not released my number to Orange!!  So the saga of holding on the phone begins all over again.

Message 7 of 17

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Well that's a kick in the teeth:(

What were you told by orange? If you have a PAC that is your number to be transferred.
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

They said they put a request to O2, quoting the pac, and it is released from O2 to orange.  Should have been there yesterday (gave pac on Saturday).  They'll contact 02 tomorrow again.    hmmm I wonder if that IS how it works!?!  THey said they'd take £10 off my first bill because of the delay... without even asking!

I gave a month notice to o2 - ending 27 Oct - so can't understand why my phone is still working (the old one)

Message 9 of 17

MI5
  • 145837 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28021 Solutions
The issue will be with Orange... it's not the first time either wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 10 of 17