cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Much/Many of your Mobile Functions do you Use?

Bill1945
Level 3: Thinker
  • 32 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Good Afternoon,

As I sat here today and admired the picturesque and photogenic winter scene outside my house (and took pictures with my mobile) I asked myself the following question:- how many of the functions of this magnificent device do you use? 

Including the default apps. I reckon that I use my phone extensively but the comms side much less than the calendar, calculator, camera and music. Toting that lot up I would say I use 75% of the phone functions.

I would really like other thoughts on the Subject.

Bill1945

Give the People a Voice
Message 1 of 71
70 REPLIES 70

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I am fully aware of how far we have fallen compared to (recent) history @Cleoriff, and have had plenty of stick from colleagues over poor results.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 31 of 71

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

TBH I made that comment in jest @gmarkj. We followed football mainly for the sake of the grandson (who did not support Arsenal...or in fact any team unless it was Chelsea Rolleys) .

Now he is at Uni we don't watch it much. So I have no idea where Arsenal is in the league today...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 71

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I take it all with a pinch of salt now @Cleoriff - it's not as important as I once thought so while it pains me to see where we are and how we are doing I can shrug it off a little easier.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 33 of 71

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

@welshsteve76 No social apps whatsoever? I sometimes think I might take a break from those for a while however it hasn't happened so far. The pull is strong! tongue Which app do you use for listening to music? slight_smile

No I don't have accounts for any of the social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Whatsapp etc). I hnestly don't see the point of them.  I post on a few forums such as here, the Metallica forums and the Alter Bridge forums, but that's it.  I prefer it that way.

The built in music player for the OnePlus 3T is not very good, so I use JetAudio.

Thanks

Steve
Message 34 of 71

Bill1945
  • 32 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi There Contributors to the Thread,

From reading the responses (for which I thank you) I can surmise that mobile phone batteries require to be kept on charge almost continually for lot's of our contributors. My own Sony Xperia XZ Premium is very demanding when I invoke all the apps I would like to use. My Electrical Engineering colleagues tell me that the battery lasts longer if the charge is allowed to run very low.

Thoughts by return?

Bill

Give the People a Voice
Message 35 of 71

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I always cycle batteries between 5-95% for best performance.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 36 of 71

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I keep my phone charged through the night so it's 100% when I leave for work in the morning. Probably not the best way to do it? Doesn't take very long to charge so it's just plugged in for hours with the 100%.

@gmarkj wrote:
I am hoping you mean you have thousands of pictures of your cats, not that you have thousands of cats @Marjo.

open_mouth Yes, probably best to clarify that @gmarkj! grin

Thousands of cats

Message 37 of 71

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

I keep my phone charged through the night so it's 100% when I leave for work in the morning. Probably not the best way to do it? Doesn't take very long to charge so it's just plugged in for hours with the 100%.

@gmarkj wrote:
I am hoping you mean you have thousands of pictures of your cats, not that you have thousands of cats @Marjo.

open_mouth Yes, probably best to clarify that @gmarkj! grin

Thousands of cats

I do exactly the same @Marjo.ie charge overnight. Thing is mine is a fast charger so not sure if that's the best way to do it?

As for those cats? Yeah right... I'm sure Arthur and Drake would be delighted LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 38 of 71

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I rarely turn my phone off.  Usually only when required.  I put it into silent mode during the night and when at work (via the slider on the side of the phone).  The OnePlus 3T charges from flat in about an hour, and unless I heavily play games on it and/or listen to hours of music, it will usually last 3 days before needing to be charged again.

Thanks

Steve
Message 39 of 71

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I always charge o ernight, the battery care and qnovo features means it won't cycle charge and cause long term damage (looks at apple and laughs) but I also tend to never allow it to go below 5% as others, due to the damage that can be caused to lithium on low voltage.
Message 40 of 71