cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Broadband down or restricted? Read this for help!

AztecUK
Level 3: Thinker
  • 56 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Monday 10th August, I woke up to my boradband provider restricting my service and my landline too! Panic!!!!

I am currently looking for a job and need internet, I will not mention this large UK provider as they are not here to defend themselves, I am regular caller on a very popular UK Radio station and know the rules.

I am on O2 PAYG £10 a month (from your balance) and get unlimited texts and calls along with 6gb a month which can be rolled over to 12gb.

I tried it all, tether my android phone via Bluetooth, USB cable and Wifi! Oh yes thanks to O2 I had solid 4G internet I got 15mbps download and 5mbps upload.

I am in large village in Cornwall, we just had new 4G mast built it does Vodafone and O2 4G.  What a life saver! I had previously been with my broadband/landline supplier for my mobile service which "piggy backs" on network not covered by new mast.  I got my PAC code just over a year ago, got out of that contract for mobile and moved to PAYG O2 which was also quick and easy.

I made the right choice on this one! if I was with them not only would my landline and internet be restricted, my mobile would of been too leaving me with no outgoing calls at all!! Yikes, scary!

So if you want to know, "Do O2 let you tether your phone to computer for 4G internet? (Even on PAYG)" the answer is Yes! Don't go streaming HD video though, yes it would work but you would eat your data up quickly.

For me I needed email, job searching, news, weather.  I did a little streaming but went to 480p on video.

I don't know what I would of done without having this amazing deal on PAYG, what I really like is when you make a call a computer voice tells you "Bundle Call" how helpful!

Lesson here don't put all your eggs in one basket!

After numerous calls and emails thanks to O2 4G data/call plan I got unrestricted and got £30 credit, and apologie from my current Broadband/Landline provider.  Reason I still use broadband is the fact it's unlimited data and I get 80mbps download and 20mbps upload.

Since new mast my landline is now redundant I can walk around my flat with full signal and pretty much any isolated place in far south west of Cornwall I get 4G, sometimes HSDPA+.

Had this number for over 15 years and switched to lots of networks, I feel this time my number is never going to move again, it's found a network to call home 🙂

If anyone wants help with tethering please PM me or reply.

Thanks O2! You got a loyal customer for life here!

AztecUK

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion and experience.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @AztecUK , great to see you again here on the community! Hope you've been well. Thanks a lot for posting about your experience with O2. Glad to hear you got a good PAYG deal that suits your needs. slight_smile Happy to pass on your feedback! thumbsup

Message 2 of 6

AztecUK
  • 56 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Marjo 

O2 deserves it! I am a happy PAYG customer! Cracking deal O2 gave me! I don't use my landline anymore I use my mobile via O2 for all calls! Thankyou fantastic deal!

Kind Regards

Nick.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion and experience.
Message 3 of 6

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

That's great to hear @AztecUK , I've also given up my landline and just using a mobile nowadays. Which mobile phone are you using at the moment? slight_smile

Message 4 of 6

AztecUK
  • 56 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
@Marjo

Hi there, due to my unemployment situation I was given a Nokia 1.3. For what it retails at it is not bad.

It does 4G, has dual SIM and Android 10 Go. Does it job for what I need and battery is excellent.
Message 5 of 6

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@AztecUK wrote:
@Marjo

Hi there, due to my unemployment situation I was given a Nokia 1.3. For what it retails at it is not bad.

It does 4G, has dual SIM and Android 10 Go. Does it job for what I need and battery is excellent.

Interesting! Doesn't sound bad at all. What's your dream mobile phone you'd like to have if you could choose any? slight_smile

The last time I used a Nokia phone myself was when they were not yet smartphones, I think it was the Nokia 3110. It was awesome though! I'd be interested in trying out one of their newer models one day.

Message 6 of 6