cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help required uploading images

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help please guys - normally uploading images is straight forward but I'm having problems:

I have tried to get a couple of images on to my 'home' page on here, but each ime I select a file it tells me:

"This file does not appear to contain any content"

I'm doing this on my laptop which is an Acer Aspire/M running windows 8. The images concerned have been copied from my HTC One which was linked as a hard drive.

Any ideas? (please bear in mind I am not very technical and don't understand tech-speak)

Cheers

Phil M

Message 1 of 26
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147249 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions

Ahh, that'll be because you are just looking at a preview of the image, not the actual image file, when looking at the tiles.

To insert a picture, press reply, then the Rich Text tab, then click the tree symbol on the toolbar, you'll get a pop up box where you can browse for the image (in your directory structure) then press insert and it will appear.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
  • 147249 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
What format are the files?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

j-peg I think - most of them were taken on mobiles. I've just looked at a random image in the 'photos' tile/app and tried right clicking to see if I could see properties, but all I seem to get is options of what to do with it ......

Message 3 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep - jpeg, just found another way of viewing properties.

Message 4 of 26

MI5
  • 147249 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions

images.jpg

Just testing a jpeg upload - seems to be working OK.

How are you trying to upload?

Message 5 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Think I've sussed it (accidently of course!) If I browse for images and select the photos tile/app the images don't upload, however if I go deeper and select pictures from the c-drive then they (some, not all) do ....

If I knew how to put an image in a post (like you just did) I would - perksie/jonsie told me how to do it in a different thread but if I'm being honest I didn't understand what they were telling me (told you I was thick Smiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 26

MI5
  • 147249 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions

Ahh, that'll be because you are just looking at a preview of the image, not the actual image file, when looking at the tiles.

To insert a picture, press reply, then the Rich Text tab, then click the tree symbol on the toolbar, you'll get a pop up box where you can browse for the image (in your directory structure) then press insert and it will appear.

Message 7 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

molly.jpg

Oh yeah - nice one mate. Meet our little shi(tzu) Molly slight_smile

Message 8 of 26

MI5
  • 147249 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions

Cute slight_smile My daughter has a little Shi (terrier) wink

Message 9 of 26

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Well done, keep the pictures coming! slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 26