cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harassing Robocalls - changing number?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an iPhone 6 on a monthly contract with O2. For the past few weeks, I’ve been getting harassed daily by phone calls from ‘Unknown’, between 4 - 7 times a day, including Sundays.

They’re obviously Robocalls, as there is never a voicemail left and on the couple of occasions that I have answered (I know I shouldn’t have) there is silence quickly followed by 3 beeps and then nothing.

I’m extremely careful about giving out my Phone Number for anything, and I rarely do. I haven’t given it out anywhere at all recently, so have no idea why this has started now.

I understand that O2 can’t block calls and that I can’t block them on the iPhone, without a specific originating number. I have resorted to leaving my phone in permanent flight-mode to stop the intrusion, but this means that I have to occasionally enable connectivity again to check for email, SMS and What’sApp messages. I’m beyond frustrated by this and am looking for any suggestions or advice. I’m paying for this phone – it shouldn’t be used by some company as a tool to harass me.

If I were to swap my SIM card and Number with O2, would this be chargeable and would this even be effective, as I understand that Numbers are recycled and that I may just get another number with the same issue.

Cheers,

Del.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

There is no charge and you don't even need to change sim. O2 allow you one free change and they do it on the system so you keep using the same sim. Call customer service. 

As for being effective....? Unknown. All you can do is uncheck all the options in Marketing Preferences under the More tab in My O2. 

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Try registering your number here http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/mobile/index.html
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3