Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google play fraud

NickJD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I had my phone stolen last month. I notified 02 immediately after it happened and they informed me they blocked the old sim card.

Now I received my bill and I have over £300 of Google Play Store charges on my 02 account. 

02 tell me there's nothing they can do, Google aren't able to help because I need correlation ids which I don't have access to from my google play store account.

I see this on other threads in this community but none have been able to solve it. I see some people have reached out to @Korey01 or @O2Waqas or @O2Emma and you have taken the discussion off the thread. 

Please I am begging someone to help I cannot afford these extra charges and I don't know what to do.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7988 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

I'm afraid the people you tagged are long gone. O2 have removed all advisors from here over a year ago.

None of us can really help.

Of course someone may have well used your Google account before the phone / SIM Bar went through.

If just the SIM was blocked then they could have accessed Google via WiFi.

Assume you have a replacement SIM with your old number transferred so the old one should be dead

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149612 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@NickJD 

O2 will cover any charges as long as you reported the loss within 24 hours.

Guide: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it 

If O2 are telling you different, you need to keep going back to them until you find someone who knows the correct process.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 3