cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye O2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Many of you that are O2 or nothing will not understand this.
I understand that O2 have released their prices for iPhone 4 and I have to confess I haven't looked at them.

I am leaving O2 because I am totally fed up with them, orange for christ sake released prices first even though O2 know they have the greater number of customers wanting to upgrade due to exclusivity, They do not have the higher limit for data allowance.

Time has come, I have been a long time O2 customer, since long before iPhone but enough is enough - I have my pac code and i'm done.

Many of you will compare one price against another, one tariff against the other but it's more than that, I am happy to pay more for a higher data allowance, it's what iPhone 4 needs. You can argue that you haven't used 500mb before, ever but have you considered what iPhone 4 coupled with ios 4 will use? If I leave with anything know this, if you are running a 3GS on 3.1.3 then you might stay under, but iPhone 4 plus IOS 4 you won't - i'll leave you to figure it out. I have worked out that I have contributed just over £3000 over the years to O2s profits and regardless what anyone says this fiasco is enough.

My leaving is because O2 do not remotely make me feel like a valued customer, you will argue but it makes no difference to how I feel so.

I would like to thank all of the forum members here. there are some very smart people here.

Please feel free to comment how you see fit but as soon as I have hit the post button i'm gone.

Cheers

Thank you everyone
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
i also like youself been with o2 for about 5 years and dread to think of how much i`ve given them (0000`s)

and with the problem i`ve got in another thread about my insurance i am deffo away in june next year no matter what

so much for me being loyal to them
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep I've given o2 around 4 grand myself over the past 5 years, and there's no thanks from them for that.

Luckily I decided last year what I was going to do and put just enough money away to buy the iPhone 4 outright from Apple. No more contracts with you o2 I'm affraid, and if I can't keep my current 30 day simplicity plan on my sim free iPhone 4 I'll be off elsewhere.

Best thing for me is to get a Mi Fi on the 5 gig plan for £15 a month. I rarely make calls, only text and data so I'll actually be in pocket with my usage in less than a year.

Lets face it, at nearly a billion pounds profit last year, o2 is certainly not in financial trouble. What they're doing is cashing in to pay for the 4g/LTE rollout so they can keep high profits.
Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hopefully if enough people leave the data service will improve grin so I'm staying for the time being.
Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
For all the money you guys claim to have spent, it seems you got great value for money with your unlimited data.

Now that the excesses have been curbed, all the "loyal" customers are legging it.

I wish you luck. The grass is never greener!
Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't worry Andy, I will be staying loyal to you and the CREW for another year! Still got my unlimited data till then, mind you even then don't want to leave O2 will have to see how it all works out in the next year!
Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't worry Andy, I will be staying loyal to you and the CREW for another year! Still got my unlimited data till then, mind you even then don't want to leave O2 will have to see how it all works out in the next year!

It is never pleasant to lose anything that you have come to rely on, but when you sit back and look at the big picture, unlimited data was a bit of a "perk".

These things never last forever. This blog and the Q&A session afterwards, opened my eyes a bit
http://blog.o2.co.uk/home/2010/06/offer ... ts/page/2/

Especially this comment, "One streamed YouTube video has the same effect on the network as half a million text messages sent simultaneously, the equivalent of everybody in Newcastle sending a text at once."

Andy
Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Trouble is the only streaming I do is 10 minutes radio on the way to work in the morning. Have no songs or videos on my phone, use if for work, moderating a forum and emailing. Basically what it was designed for, I have already gone to the new tariffs loosing 4-1 text on purpose as didn't need 600 minutes so not sure I want to risk going over a hard limit.

We will see what happens in the future, my contract runs till july next year and from the photo's of the new one prefer mine especially as I will get the new OS on monday.
Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
This may sound selfish, but I'm glad the data hogs are leaving. Because it means a faster network for normal users.
What I can't understand is the people saying "I've given O2 £X,000 pounds over the years and this is how they treat me" I think you'll find that in return they gave you a mobile service, which you must have been happy with because you kept re-newing!
Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure if any of you that are leaving and moving to orange are aware, but part of their terms and conditions state that they can either slow down or even turn off the data usage on the iphone if its abused...
Message 10 of 19