Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmail could not verify that it actually came from o2.com

MaShadow
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ok so im starting to get warnings on my o2 bill for the last couple of months. yet the others are totally fine and the same email its sent from 

o2shop@o2.com

and the full warning is

Be careful with this message
Gmail could not verify that it actually came from o2.com. Avoid clicking links, downloading attachments or replying with personal information.

. .
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@MaShadow 

It's just Google being hyper sensitive.

I get the same occasionally, nothing to worry about.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MaShadow 

I copied the address you gave, supposedly from the shop and my gmail threw up a warning and asked me if I wished to proceed. I exited pretty quickly.  That's never happened before unless it's a dodgy address.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

MaShadow
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

its weird with gmail. but ive got email from the same address back in feb however the images in those emails no longer load. so maybe issue with image host etc or somthing in the content of the email

. .
Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

My warning was different to yours @MaShadow. I was told 'unknown email, O2shop may be trying to trick you to enter'. I tried it with .co.uk and got the same message. This is on my PC which uses bit defender a/v

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

MaShadow
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ye its weird. i thought at first it was a scam but.. its addresses me by name. had the last few digits of my mobile number and it changed when my number changed too. the bill amount is correct as well

O2 Billing <o2shop@o2.com>
. .
Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MaShadow wrote:

ye its weird. i thought at first it was a scam but.. its addresses me by name. had the last few digits of my mobile number and it changed when my number changed too. the bill amount is correct as well

O2 Billing <o2shop@o2.com>

I tried that address and it worked,  taking me to google with this site at the top:

sign in.JPG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7