cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting speaking clock instead of voicemail

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have recently opened an O2 account. If I get an on screen message telling me that I have a voicemail and I press the "listen" button I do not get taken to the voicemail but to the O2 speaking clock.
I am getting fed up paying to be told the time when it is displayed on the phone anyway and feel that I should be able to reach such a voicemail direct without having to dial the voicemail centre and listening through several before reaching the relevant one.
Has anybody else experienced this problem and had it sorted as O2 technical dept seem unable to understand my simple explanation of the problem?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Didn't you post this previously?
Make sure that you have the correct voicemail number on the phone. Should be 901.
This especially true if you are using a phone which was previously on another network, whicy will still have the old voicemail number.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks and no I haven't posted this before, this being my first post. Dialling 901 gets me to the mailbox which I then have to listen to all the way through various voicemails until I reach the relevant one. To my way of thinking if the notification turns the selection key in to a "listen" key then pressing that should take me to that voicemail (or at least to voicemail), not to the speaking clock.
Am I correct in thinking this?
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
No, pressing "listen" dials whatever voicemail number you have programmed into the handset. Which handset is it? I'm sure someone can tell you how to check.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
It was someone else who asked about this previously, apologies . They had unlocked their Orange handset and inserted an O2 SIM, but had not changed the the voicemail number. The voicemail number for Orange is the same as the speaking clock number for O2.
Incidentally, Voicemail should present you with the un-heard messages first, followed by old messages in newest to oldest order. You can use the number commands to step between messages or to delete messages.
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you managed to solve this?
Message 6 of 6