cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting my pac code is like pulling teeth!

DabDab
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don’t generally complain or moan but having been with o2 since the beginning, back in the cellnet days, their treatment of a long term customer these last few days has been dire. I shopped around with my contract ending and decided I was changing to Sky.... the deal was too good and so I phoned to request my pac on Tuesday afternoon. After lots of time on the phone trying to sell me a contract and then accessories (I still have one phone on o2) they said they’d send the code. I wait 48 hours,  nothing. 15 minutes on the phone again and I’m told it will be with me momentarily. Nothing. 3 hours later I look online at Ofcom and realise that I should have had it within 2 hours of asking, I phone again and mention this and I immediately receive a text. 

3 days I’ve had my new phone and been unable to use it properly because it’s not my number and 3 days for which o2 will charge me ....... it is clearly a deliberate ploy to try and stop people leaving. It is poor poor practice, really shoddy and has left a bad taste in my mouth. I really don’t expect my wife’s phone to renew to o2 when it’s up.

If formally complaining wasn’t so convuluted, I would do it bu5 I really can’t face another 202 call.

goodbye o2

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@DabDabHave you tried all routes in this guide?

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278

Apologies I see you have now received the code. I would complain if I were you....you might get some compensation for your trouble

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has the port completed successfully 

Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
The rules are changing soon so networks won't be able to badger you into staying when requesting your PAC, which is good news for everyone in my opinion.
Sorry you had so much trouble and wish you well with Sky, but you do realise it's a 30 month contract that you've agreed to, don't you?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5wrote:
The rules are changing soon so networks won't be able to badger you into staying when requesting your PAC, which is good news for everyone in my opinion.
Sorry you had so much trouble and wish you well with Sky, but you do realise it's a 30 month contract that you've agreed to, don't you?

Thanks for that information @MI5 I very nearly switched to a Sky deal last week but decided against it 

Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
There's no such thing as a good deal with Sky, for anything wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5wrote:
There's no such thing as a good deal with Sky, for anything wink

I would actually agree with that my friend as I’m in the middle of cancelling my Sky subscription

Message 7 of 13

DabDab
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah it’s a 30month on the handset but still was massively cheaper even taking that into account, than anything o2 offered, including if I buy out the last six months. 

Thanks all all for the comments, I think I might just complain after all.....

Message 8 of 13

DabDab
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Only just submitted it tonight
Message 9 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

I only ask this out of curiosity @DabDab, but as you've been an O2 customer for a very long time, did you check to see what kind of coverage you'll get with Sky? A good deal on a phone is pretty useless if the coverage is bad and you can't use it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 13