Did you mean: 

Get involved: your thoughts on forum board structure

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone!

We have seen feedback and comments related to the forum board structure from many of you, so it would be awesome to collect your views and ideas in more detail in this thread and get a discussion going. slight_smile

We would like to make the forum boards structure easier and clearer so that it would be better for both old and new members to find the content and help they're looking for and easily engage with each other.

Please let us know your thoughts on how you think we could improve:

• Board structure: what categories/boards would you remove or add and why?
  • How would you improve the clarity of board names and descriptions? For example, would 'Guides & Reviews' be clearer than 'Community Knowledge Base'?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Feedback

Your feedback so far Happy Dance Updated 11 September:

Board names and descriptions:

• Clarify the purpose of 'O2 Home' section | Update: the name of the board has been clarified as "O2 Home (Smart home products)"
  • 'Guides and reviews' would be a little clearer than 'Knowledge Base'
  • Current signposting is ok. Only add/change what is needed.

Board structure:

• Clearer structure: show 'mobile', 'apps', 'smart home' under products & services, and then clear subsections under that
  • Apple devices shouldn't be its own area in the Knowledge base unless other device areas added
  • Less main categories on home page (e.g. 4,5,6 max)
  • Remove the standalone section of O2 Home
  • Separate boards for PAYM/PAYG?
  • Enforcing community rules and guidelines (new board?)
  • Have a hardware or device section (like the get help with your device) and then split to manufacturer/type?
  • Move O2 home from the top of the page
  • Apple, Android and Other Devices are valid. How about adding Roaming etc.?

Other feedback:

• Mobile skin: mobile view on smaller devices and in general should be improved
  • Mobile skin: With a 6.1" screen the view is not too bad, however cannot make long posts
  • Mobile skin: have a separate mobile app instead
  • Ideas section: not working, revive/archive?
  • Re-design: clarification that this is not customer services but a peer-to-peer / self-help community
  • Re-design: change the layout of the home page and community forums in general
  • Re-design: display full path (instead of just name of section) in the new post dropdown list
  • Re-design: hover-over description over the make a post dropdown that lets you know what the section is about
  • Re-design: old forum preferred; it was more logical and clearer to use than current forum
  • Re-design: have out-of-date articles auto lock
  • General: The forum is currently good for an older person and for a deaf person.
  • General: Bulleted info easier to read in community page description.
  • General: Clarify that O2 community is self help and not Customer Service
  • Lithium bugs: fix them & a list of current bugs visible to community (e.g. in a thread)
  • Feedback to O2: making sure changes are made and forum members listened to
  • Feedback to O2: change the Lithium platform to something else
  • O2 website top header changes: not fit for purpose, i.e. it is more difficult for regular users to navigate it in order to help new users

Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good idea @Marjo Let's hope it works.....thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 41 of 53

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

It's got to help for sure......now, hopefully, on to the next job of giving the Community a clear identity so it's not mistaken for O2 CS & LC ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 42 of 53

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Thanks you guys for the feedback! Changes are coming heart_eyes

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 43 of 53

ashleybristol1
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 35 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

move pay as you go forum to another box as it annoyer click on pay monthy and pay as you go box 

Message 44 of 53

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks for your response @ashleybristol1! Would you elaborate a litte more on what you mean? Did you mean you wanted the Pay as you go board separate from the Pay monthly (as they are all in one now) or something else?

Also FYI everyone, wanted to let you know in case you didn't notice yet, the home page overlapping issues at the top have been fixed! smiling

Home page screenshot

Message 45 of 53

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Thanks @Marjo for getting all the community feedback thumbsup

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 46 of 53

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good morning everyone! Quick update:

When viewing the forum on mobile, you might have seen some new changes/fixes from yesterday:

• The Latest Topics page was cleaned up a bit and is now showing less fields (Subject, Views, Latest post and Replies). Also at the top the user navigation links and PM icon should be showing.
  • PM icon added in the header in general, so it's visible when you have a new message as well as if there's no new messages.
Message 47 of 53

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, I saw those changes last night and thought it was playing up again, lol !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 48 of 53

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I like the changes aithough to be honest I still much prefer the full view. 

Message 49 of 53

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Ok @Marjo just to be different I don't have the PM icon in my header. I have to click on 'full' at the bottom of the page, then click on unread posts to see me inbox and outbox.

Not complaining as at least I can now see my inbox and outbox. But I thought I'd mention it.

Could be my specific phone. Whatever the reason it works for me so I'm very happy 😊
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 50 of 53