Did you mean: 

Get involved: Content feedback needed!

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello guys Wave

This topic is where you can ask and suggest what content you would like to see under the Community Knowledge Base: “How-To-Guides” and “Reviews” 

What content do you think is missing that might help?

• What How-To-Guides would you like the community to create?
  • What content should be added or reviewed?
  • What news or information would you like to hear from O2?
  • Any special device review you will like to read?

Share your thoughts and thanks a lot in advance! Feedback

Your feedback 

• "Coming soon articles" on new devices @Anonymous > Would be added to Welcome & News
  • "Firmware & software updates@MI5 @madasaf1sh > Would be added to Welcome & News

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Coming soon section on new devices 

Message 2 of 30

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Coming soon section on new devices 

wow love the idea @Anonymous!!!! 

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 3 of 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Firmware updates section, ie when o2 receives firmware for testing from manufacturers, when o2 has completed testing it and when customers can approx expect to see it pushed to their phones.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 30

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
Software updates, are NDA'd a lot of the time from the manufacturers, even beta OS'es are NDA'd a lot of the time

would be good though to have a listing of latest OS versions for the top 5 android phones..
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 30

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:
Software updates, are NDA'd a lot of the time from the manufacturers, even beta OS'es are NDA'd a lot of the time

@Chris_K  is happy to share the info when asked (which is regularly) so I don't see the issue.

Anyway, customers only start asking once a major update is already out there so NDA's don't mean anything in those circumstances.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

What's nda's may I ask?

Message 7 of 30

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Non disclosure agreements but I don't really understand how they are relevant in this example.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 30

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
Because you aked this : "when o2 receives firmware for testing from manufacturers, when o2 has completed testing it "

This is relevant, as o2 will get these as soon as Samsung signs off internally..
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 9 of 30

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, but it's when O2 have it for testing and then when they have completed testing, just so customers are kept in the loop.
I'm not asking for info off Samsung.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 30