cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Opinion on the Joggler

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good morning folks
I wondered if I could get peoples opinion on the Joggler. Its been bought to my attention that its currently on offer for £49.99, and if nothing else I'm considering getting it simply to use as a digital radio (yes, its wifi streamed, but the stations are the same, yes?) and alarm clock combination.

Maybe using a sledgehammer to crack a nut if you get my meaning but for £50 thats pretty reasonable I think.

What are peoples thoughts on the device? Good? Bad? The Antichrist of technology?

Cheers for your help and opinions! grin
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had my O2 Joggler since July 2009 (When it was £150 !) and I have to say that now its only £50 its a bargain ! The O2 Joggler has finally come of age ! Not before time though.

Well done O2, looking forward to checking out the App Store tonight.
Hope you've fixed the Sky News/Sport/Weather facility too !

As from today, the O2 Joggler Application Store is being rolled out which gives access to a wide variety of free extra applications/games etc. Including You Tube portal / Google Calendar / Google Maps etc. With more to come as over time !

Also it got its existing Multimedia capabilities such as the 100 Internet Radio stations via the Pure Lounge Portal, the Music / Photos / Video via 1GB onboard storage or USB Drive/Memory Stick and Streaming Media from your PC, its Calendar & Text Messaging functions (50 free outgoing texts a month + you can text to it from any mobile network) plus the Alarm Clock/Memo/Calculator functions and the News/Sport/Weather feeds from Sky (Which O2 are currently trying to fix as currently seems to be frozen from mid march).

So, all together I would recommend getting an O2 Joggler, especially at this price !
Go and snap one up before 15th April when the offer ends.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't suppose O2 have a comprehensive list of all the radio stations that are provided through the Pure Lounge thingy do they?
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Jimmy,

The O2 Joggler Pure Lounge radio stations consists of all the BBC National & Local Radio Stations plus many other independant local stations such as Galaxy / Capital FM / Heart FM / Smooth / and several stations based on music style & Local Traffic Stations too. Hope this helps !

If I get the time I might compile a full list and post it on here for info !
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Joggler at £49 is good value. Technical support is hopeless however. O2 announce a software update which should download automatically - if it doesn't there's no-one to tell you what to do, and it can't be made to happen manually - so you just wait and hope! Great gadget, let down by poor support.
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
The internet radio is okay but the sound quality is not. Although £49 is quite good value I would still look elsewhere, there are much better quality devices out there.

The touch screen isn't the best and predictive text isn't available to make the tedious operation a little easier and considering you can put pictures, music and video on the device the memory is inadequate without a USB memory stick inserted.

This desperately needs a smart phone app to set calendar appointments, I cant believe they still expect you to text an appointment to it, if you can get the complex format right. The new Google calendar app goes a long way towards answering that but it is still a shame they introduced what could have been a really useful piece of kit and then left it on the shelf and ignored it.

This looks like it will only come into its own once the App store matures a little but it is still to me a huge opportunity wasted by O2
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Beware that about 80% of people who are buying these at the minute cannot get messaging to work (O2 are not sending the joggler an SMS with it's phone number), and O2's support is useless.
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I love my Joggler. I also bought it when they were £150, so if it's available for a third of that, then even better. I'm very pleased with my unit. Some great features, constant updates/new functionality and it looks great. I've not had the problem with the non-receipt of the news/weather/sport feeds or any issues with the SMS functions. I now also have the App Store which I need to have a poke around.

The only big issue I had with my Joggler was when I first bought it when O2 had set up something wrongly on the Joggler Calendar on their website and their Joggler Team worked through the problem step by step with me on the phone testing their fixes as we went until everything was OK. They were great when I had to call them.
Message 8 of 8