Future of o2 e-addresses and about o2 account login

Cas1951
Level 3: Thinker
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Questions on my mind for quite a while.

Would be grateful if someone could throw some light on these:

Have Sky Broadband since o2 changed us over. But still use 2 of my old o2 email addresses.....

QUESTION 1 - can I keep those forever? if not, will o2 inform us well in advance of them being discontinued?

I have the o2 e-addresses set up in Windows Live client (ex Outlook Express), but still login to my o2 account at the o2 website partly because of o2 mobile phone.

My o2 account login/username is my old main o2 email address.

QUESTION 2 - can that continue as my o2 account login username or will this have to be changed to my sky email address at some stage? and If so - when? and how?

I tried the "live chat" route with these queries a while back, but they did not seem to understand, and just kept telling me to contact Sky - which was no help whatsoever. Really hoping my concerns make sense to someone in this community who understands it all and can answer my queries.

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

O2 email is no longer supported and you should stop using it as it may stop without warning.

I would change your email address in MyO2 asap.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

O2 email is no longer supported and you should stop using it as it may stop without warning.

I would change your email address in MyO2 asap.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 23

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122351 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

A text or email went out in September 2013 informing clients of the impending closure. Some people are still able to use it. Others lost access because they failed to find a new email provider. As perksie says best to get something done soon 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 23

Cas1951
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok thank you both. I will get this sorted out urgently now then. Because my email had continued without any problem I had been assuming something official would have been confirmed about if and when they would definitely be ending. The live-chat folks hadn't informed me very well then had they?

Message 4 of 23

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As you migrated to Sky you will keep your email indefinitely.
All old o2 email accounts that migrated are now controlled and administered by Sky.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 23

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/phones/2013/05/sky-takes-over-o2-and-be-broadband-what-does-th...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 23

Cas1951
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for going to this trouble, but I'm afraid this again is conflicting information. I had already made enquires with Sky about it after the Live Chat people had told me Sky would now be administering the o2 email addresses/accounts - but Sky confirmed they are not. So again I am confused, and decided that the safest way forward now is without further delay to change all my contacts and logins over to my Sky email address. I'm working on this now.

Message 7 of 23

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

That's definitely the best course of action. No one knows exactly what is happening with the old broadband email accounts. One thing is for sure, one day it will certainly just stop working so yes, make the changes now.

Message 8 of 23

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Entirely your choice but anyone who migrated to Sky will not lose their O2 email account.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 23

Cas1951
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I believe that's the best way forward now. Thank you very much to all of you who have given your time to reply to my query - it has helped me to get my head around it all a bit better - I think.

PS - to the last poster - thanks,well at least that takes the pressure off somewhat.

Message 10 of 23