Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firsts and Shorts

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35213 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Did you know YouTube's first video was about elephants?

It has a URL that the Community forum recognises, and which can be embedded, via the Forum Camera icon (on Desktop!) as above.

As the eponymous video service competes with the likes of TikTok and other mobile-only video content of 60secs or less duration, it has started a new section, called YouTube Shorts.

Sadly, the forum video camera button cannot understand the typical Shorts URL, and refuses to embed a Shorts video: https://youtube.com/shorts/Kp0HfCXmEUU

• Any chance, forum managers @Martin-O2 or @RafaC or @lewys-gp of adding this Shorts format to the video types that the forum will "embed"?

More on this new (one year-old) YouTube feature here

YouTube Publishes New 'Shorts Report' to Highlight Key Content Trends and Tips [Infographic] https://www.socialmediatoday.com/news/youtube-publishes-new-shorts-report-to-highlight-key-content-t...

PS. Asking for a friend 😁

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

This forum lags behind other platforms when showing videos @pgn 

I attempted to upload a very funny Tik Tok video relating to F1 and it was having none of it.

Tried via the video url and the image url on here (I could save it as an image and put in my gallery but it wont upload here.

Also very excellent edited videos (again F1 related) which are made by folks clever with IT. ie Split to show two different drivers behind the wheel of an F1 car, driving in the rain. Rarely available on You tube but uploaded to FB.

Not a cat in hells chance of uploading here, as it doesn't fit into the (very old) YouTube format.

Most annoying.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi both! Thanks for letting us know. We will raise it with the platform provider and see what we can do 😁.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 3 of 11

pgn
  • 35213 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@lewys-gp wrote:

Hi both! Thanks for letting us know. We will raise it with the platform provider and see what we can do 😁.

Thanks, @lewys-gp - that would be great!

Message 4 of 11

pgn
  • 35213 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

This would go in Friday Funnies - but not being able to embed it makes it a pain rather than a pleasure to share, see?

https://youtube.com/shorts/eccUsWVdbkY?feature=share

😡

Message 5 of 11

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

I like funnies am starts the day right @pgn 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 6 of 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yet again, wont play on PC using FF @pgn 😡

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 11

pgn
  • 35213 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Yet again, wont play on PC using FF @pgn 😡

My point precisely, @Cleoriff - Forum definitely behind the crest of the Social Media wave here, not so much "surfing" as "drowning" 😬

And this is YouTube, not some other arcane video format - ie, already vetted by YouTube T's&C's so...

Cramping Creativity is soooo Last Century!

Any update, @lewys-gp?

Message 8 of 11

lewys-gp
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Not yet, sorry @pgn. That video would deserve a place in Friday Funnies too 😂🙈. There may be a way around it through coding but not sure 🤔

I'll raise it again and see what we can do. Sorry about that.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 9 of 11

pgn
  • 35213 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@lewys-gp wrote:

That video would deserve a place in Friday Funnies too 😂🙈.  🤔 

Aye, that it would, @lewys-gp - but as you can see, some of our erstwhile members, like @Cleoriff, cannot see it in their normal manner of interacting with the forum - which, if I remember, was one of the reasons for the recent, albeit before your arrival, "upgrade".

Hopefully an answer will be forthcoming to you, @lewys-gp, from the developer's side. Thanks!

Message 10 of 11