Did you mean: 

Family or sharer plans

Nchaundy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, We have 4 people in the fmaily all with 02 phones

just wondered what the best thing to do is - go onto a family plan or sharer plan?

2 Phones are out of contract and 2 are in contract currently.

Thanks

Neil

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124312 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Hi @Nchaundy

It's up to you. Go for the one which suits you best

More info here on both of them..

https://www.o2.co.uk/sharer-plans

To get a sharer plan, you’ll need a phone or tablet on an O2 Refresh tariff with 1GB or more of data. This will be your lead device. It doesn’t have to be on a new contract – go to My O2 or come and see us in store to share your current data allowance.

Once you’ve got your lead device, you can then add up to nine other phones, tablets or sims to share its data allowance. If you already have additional devices that you want to add to a sharer plan, you can add them as soon as they’re out of contract.

https://www.o2.co.uk/family-plan

(You will need to check this yourself as I am unable to copy and paste info Lol

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 147125 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28290 Solutions
You don't necessarily have to choose as you can do both.
You can put the 2 devices you have currently out of contract on a sharer plan and then add the other 2 when you renew them, but also apply for the family plan discount at the same time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 5

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
I thought with sharer plan only one device can be the main sharer one and the others had to be added to it and then txt for the family plan discount
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 147125 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28290 Solutions
Yes correct, as I said....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 5