Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Bolt On (Still)

Eleckykey
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 26 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In November i finally gave up and decided to go through the Complaints procedure with reference to the Family Pack Issues, well in early December i received a call from the o2 Complaints, and after explaining the continuous problems i was experiencing, i was given a run down of what the procedures were going to be, I was also credited for inconvenience caused which was a good unexpected gesture,

In January the problem still wasn't fixed and once again I had to put a complaint in, this time there were no phonecalls but a lot of Emails. After being told that the engineers had sorted the problem (approx a week), I went onto my Family Bolt On, and the ONLY thing that had changed was that the Engineers had removed a number for me. The Problem is still there. After sending an email to the Female that was dealing with the case, i attached two photographs of the two screen messages i keep getting, and since then i have heard no more, anyone got any ideas as to what my next move could be (getting rid of the family pack ISNT an option). It is frustrating that i'm paying a fee for something that I can't manage, but i'm not the type of person that will pick up the phone and shout at the person at the other end, after all its not their fault

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

The customer side of the family management has been down for over six months I have reported it to o2 many many times and they just say we will look into it they cannot be bothered to fix it I'm sorry but I have had this bolt on since it came out and like you are very annoyed at having to go through customer services to get numbers added/changed its what we are paying for I made a complaint because I couldn't change the numbers got a refund for the month but no news on when or if they will bother to sort it it really does let a good network own when they are obviously not concerned what their customers think

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

What seems to be the issue with the family bolton?

Do you know if they have tried removing the bolton and then going back into your account 24 hours later and setting it up again from scratch?

Message 2 of 8

Eleckykey
  • 26 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
hi opium
since the bolt on page got updated early last year, i have not been able to add or remove numbers, i have had to go thru the o2 advisors/customer services to do it. when i try to add or remove i either get a system error message or a red warning box on a name im not trying to remove. The Bolt on was removed and replaced and still the same issue, and also if you go on the HELP video, that still shows the OLD system
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, that does sound annoying if you have to call up every time.

If the bolton has been removed and added again, it seems the fault lies with your account or with the family bolton website.

Have you tried this on a different internet browser/computer?

Do you know if anybody at O2 has 'raised a case' for it? (This means they pass it on to another department and tell you they will call you back in about 5 working days).

Message 4 of 8

Eleckykey
  • 26 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
before i went through the complaints procedure, i tried everything i could think ov, including different computers running different applications, when i first started the Bolt On i was running Windows XP, then i was running windows 7, everything worked until the o2 site was upgraded, im now running on windows 8. as i say i have tried on several other computers/laptops and i get the same result.
Message 5 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

add it to the website errors thread started by leonard http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Website-bugs-or-errors/m-p/394782#U394782

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

As Adam said, you can raise faults with the website in the relevant thread.

How many numbers have you got on it? It's a bit of a long-winded solution, but if you still have an empty slot you could get a new Pay As You Go sim card and set that up as the lead and just make sure you put the £7.50 in it every month. That might work.

Alternatively, you can call O2 and ask them to raise a case for the family bolton issue on your account as every other measure has been tried? This, if successfull, can take up to 5 working days.

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

The customer side of the family management has been down for over six months I have reported it to o2 many many times and they just say we will look into it they cannot be bothered to fix it I'm sorry but I have had this bolt on since it came out and like you are very annoyed at having to go through customer services to get numbers added/changed its what we are paying for I made a complaint because I couldn't change the numbers got a refund for the month but no news on when or if they will bother to sort it it really does let a good network own when they are obviously not concerned what their customers think

Message 8 of 8