cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fair Use Policy on Unlimited Texts?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wonder if anyone can help, as I've been unable to find a conclusive answer thus far.
I have a £10.21 monthly Simplicity contract for my teenage daughter, so she can make some calls and take advantage of the 'free' texts. And take advantage she has. Last month she sent close to 8,000 messages :mansurprised:
Extrapolating the first few days of this billing period, she'll be hitting 9,000 or so by month end.
Given that, how unlimited is the unlimited text allowance? if there's a policy docurment somewhere detailing the FUP, I'd love to see it.
Thanks.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
8000 a month hahaha
i dont think ive even done that many in my life
(laffing here)
Message 2 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
but is that simplicity a pay monthly package not payg as far as i understood it it was the payg that the fup had gone from 12000 to 2900.
as your daughter sent 8000 last month i would guess the fup has not changed for pay monthly.
if o2 suspect a pay monthly user is abusing the network they can contact the user but on payg they get a sim top it up and send the texts and bin the sim hence payg being dropped to stop the abuse.
but best to ring o2 and ask if the pay monthly has changed.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
So long as it's not being hooked up to a computer to send out SMS and sending 10's of thousands then she'll be fine. Only the FUP on prepay was lowered because the sims are unregistered and hard to trace people using them outside of t&c's.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the replies.
I was actually hoping there'd be some lowish fair use figure so I could somehow stop her texting the entire world twice a day and actually go out and speak to people, but alas not...
Message 5 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
So long as it's not being hooked up to a computer to send out SMS and sending 10's of thousands then she'll be fine. Only the FUP on prepay was lowered because the sims are unregistered and hard to trace people using them outside of t&c's.

Thanks for confirming this wanty
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I had the same problem I have had PAYG sim for my daughter for 2 years now no problem! until o2 changed their fair use policy 2 months ago. it went from 12000 to 2990 (Unlimited my behind) I am old and cant understand how you can send 3000 texts in a month but do the maths! its about 300 texts a day! for me wow! but for a teenager whom is why you buy this type of sim its perfectly resonable! so it is an expected fair use!I called o2 they agreed but blamed others..and when I asked them to find their policy they could not!!!.....
1. O2 do not display or have a fair use policy for you to view! where is it?
2. So They changed my usage 2 months ago not letting me know as they say they would in their terms.
3. I have complained to them but they will not do anything!!!
4. If you have no policy then that means you can change the rules when you like?
Message 7 of 7