Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expanded 4G Coverage, Surrey/Kent borders

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

It was a pleasure over Xmas to see 4G on both my Phone and Tablet in a location that has only previously achieved Edge at best, and only a mile or 2 from the M25. Congratulations to O2 are in order. Thanks!

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
People Now consider fibre broadband @Cleoriff so yes it is happening. Where I plan to move to its rural but it has 4g........ from Vodafone
Message 11 of 21

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Also the government seem to be encouraging broadband these days....

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 12 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

The BT network is a disgrace in our local area.  Terrible reliability.  I cut off our landline years ago.

Now I rely on celular connections for everything.  Mind you I've got a monster satellite dish in the back garden too Evil.

I'm currently looking at a nice new 4g LTE router that is coming on to the market soon, that should make life easier, I'm tired of burning my phone out with it's portable hot spot and naff signal.

I'm going to have a rock solid 4G signal 24/7, and nobody will stop me, ha, ha, ha!  (Although the rain might mess it up a bit Bouncy).

Message 13 of 21

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

No Kevin Bacon will visit you and steal your bandwidth.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 14 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Those adverts are a big reason I wouldn't even consider EE - they make me want to throw something at the TV!

We're going to Lyme Regis in March and I was amazed to see that there's not even 3G there, let alone 4G!

Message 15 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't even think about EE.  The customer service is useless.  Even if you manage to get through to an agent who wants to help, their hands are usually tied.

If you think the live chat here is bad, try EE.  Get used to 30 minutes on hold, then having the line droped.  And mistakes and corrections on the majority of bills.  At least that has been my experience, and I was with orange for years.

Until recently, the "double speed 4GEE", (why can't they just call it 4G?), worked at about 1 megabit here, and I am about a mile from the mast.

Every single operator greets you by telling you that they are the UK's biggest and fastest network.

Then I pitty the poor souls who have less than 1 mbit despite being on a 24 quid/month tariff.

Just DON'T go to EE.

Message 16 of 21

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23315 Posts
  • 1031 Topics
  • 3711 Solutions

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 17 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

'4GEE' gives me rage as well!

A while back I went into the EE store in town with the intention of taking out a contract.  The shop was packed and they had 2 members of staff working.  That's how I ended up with O2 first time around!

Message 18 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh and I asked on Twitter if 3G was going to reach Lyme Regis and was told O2 is looking to improve it's network where it's need most - obviously Dorset isn't important!

Message 19 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

A while back I went into the EE store in town with the intention of taking out a contract.

We all make mistakes Evil.  Just be glad you got out while you still could!

Message 20 of 21