Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expanded 4G Coverage, Surrey/Kent borders

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

It was a pleasure over Xmas to see 4G on both my Phone and Tablet in a location that has only previously achieved Edge at best, and only a mile or 2 from the M25. Congratulations to O2 are in order. Thanks!

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

What about us sweaty Jocks? Confused

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome news.

Nice to hear that O2 4G is still expanding. 😄
Message 3 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aldaweb wrote:

It was a pleasure over Xmas to see 4G on both my Phone and Tablet in a location that has only previously achieved Edge at best, and only a mile or 2 from the M25. Congratulations to O2 are in order. Thanks!

And a couple of days later, everyone works out how to get the new phones and tablets they got for christmas on-line, uses all the capacity, and you're back to square one Evil

Experienced this over the last two years with orange's "network optimisation", which involved letting me roam on to a t-mobile mast Bouncy then turning the old orange 3G mast off Smiley Mad.

Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
4g. Arghhhhhhhh so it does exist and not just in the Chronicles of Narnia.

Bring it to me. Replace my 2g only signal. Bring me the holy grail.
Message 5 of 21

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
4g. Arghhhhhhhh so it does exist and not just in the Chronicles of Narnia.

Bring it to me. Replace my 2g only signal. Bring me the holy grail.

It must be heading west soon Crazy

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 6 of 21

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

And a couple of days later, everyone works out how to get the new phones and tablets they got for christmas on-line, uses all the capacity, and you're back to square one Evil

After seeing the speed drop in London since launch I wasn't expecting miracles, anythings better than gprs or edge.

Message 7 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wish it would come West but sadly when many cities are still waiting what hope for the rest of us.
Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
One thing to consider though when thinking about some areas in London already seeing falling speeds is that this is not actually as a result of o2 equipment. This will be the result of the fibre backhaul from BT or Virgin which is starting to struggle with demand. Given that the whole country is being fibred up then more work needs to be done by BT and Virgin to sort that element out.
Message 9 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 123382 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I wish it would come West but sadly when many cities are still waiting what hope for the rest of us.

I can see people assessing future house moves based on whether they get 4G (or even 5 and 6 when that occurs)

At one time people considered schools for their children before they made a move. How times will change LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 21