Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excess minutes

SteveH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The combined monthly mobile bill for my wife and me is usually just over £20, but this month it was £106 as my wife incurred excess minutes trying to keep in touch with loved ones during the current situation. I accept that the minutes were incurred, and will pay in line with our contract, but when I am approaching my data roaming limit in any month I get a warning from 02. My wife received no such warning regarding her minute allowance, and this I feel is unacceptable, and moreover amounts to taking advantage of customers when they are at their most vulnerable. Had she received a warning, then she would have switched most calls to our, admittedly poorer quality, land line. Please consider this point carefully, O2.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
There are no warnings for minutes or texts, you have to monitor it in your MyO2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

SteveH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
That situation is unsatisfactory. I wouldn't know how to monitor, and besides, we simply don't have the time to be constantly opening MyO2 to check progress, especially in these times. We have been very satisfied with O2 up until now, but this seems to be a glaring gap in the service, and may force us to consider our options.
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 93181 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Text balance to 21202 is easy enough. It's your responsibility to monitor your own usage.

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If checking your balance is so difficult you can always upgrade to a tariff with unlimited minutes.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93181 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions