Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excellent Custoner Service

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I've just been speaking to Meuish in Business Customer Service as I had a query on my latest invoice. It appears I'd gone over my data allowance but had no text to tell me when I'd reached 100%. Had I received a text I would have switched to mobile broadband. Mehuish confirmed I'd not received a text and that the amount charged for the overage was O2's fault. Long story short she is arranging for the additional amount to be credited to me as it was O2's mistake in not advising me when I'd used 100% of my data. She was extremely helpful and very quick to see the problem

Please  @Martin-O2@Marjo or @EmilieT could you feedback to Meuish's manager(s). Thank you.

I should just add I check my data usage, which I've set to the 30th of each month as my bill is either the 29th or 30th, on my phone regularly and it showed me well below the 30gb limit.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Great news @Glory1. As we always say it's lovely to hear positive feedback about customer services.

I always check my data regularly like yourself, and know what my phone tells me is often very different to what is shown in My O2 ....wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Yes @Cleoriff I believe in giving praise where it's due and will complain if it's necessary. Though I've yet to have a complaint about Business Customer Services. The few times I've had to contact them, including ordering my phones, they've been polite, helpful and organised my orders, sorted out any problems and answered my queries. I've also rarely had to wait long on the phone, whatever time I ring them. What more could I want.

As for checking my data usage in MyO2Business, because I use my mobile not a PC I'm unable to check it there, so am reliant on my phone which was seriously out compared to O2. It's why a text from O2 to tell me I'd used 100% of my data would have been really helpful as I would have switched to my mobile broadband and switched my data off immediately.

Message 3 of 13

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Doesn't the S8+ give you the options to restrict data in the settings menu once you have reached your mobile limit? Most androids do and I know the Notes 3 & 4 and the J7 Prime do. Good to hear about your customer service experience though grin

Message 4 of 13

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Yes it does @jonsie and I've set the restriction. However, according to the data usage on my phone I still had some 5+gb to play with before the rollover on the 30th. But according to O2 I'd used all 30gb on 22nd June! But I never received a text to tell me I'd use 100% of my data. As I said to Meuish not being psychic, how was I supposed to know this when my phone is telling me something totally different.

I'm not an idiot. I know on a business contract the data keeps going even after you've reached your limit and you pay so much per mb extra. So I try to ensure that doesn't happen. It's why I increased my data because I use a lot just playing and downloading games, never mind any streaming I do. I just can't win it seems.

Still I'll get the additional cost plus VAT back as no text being sent by O2 was a fault on their part. That's something at least.

Message 5 of 13

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

That's fantastic, thanks for sharing @Glory1 smiley I'll make sure to feed this back to Meuish and her team, and drop you a PM just to confirm some details!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 13

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Awesome feedback @Glory1, cheers for posting. What a lovely way to start the week! slight_smile

Message 7 of 13

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Really pleased to hear you had such a positive experience with customer services @Glory1smiling cool

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 13

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
To add a very happy update to my post. Just received a credit through as promised, and delivered, by Meuish. Meuish you rock 🤩

Message 9 of 13

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:
To add a very happy update to my post. Just received a credit through as promised, and delivered, by Meuish. Meuish you rock 🤩

Now that is someone who knows what customer service is.grin

Message 10 of 13