cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erikson & illegal removal of money from my o2 mobile acc

Anonymous
Not applicable
o2 recently removed a posting of mine that wished to draw o2 customer's attention to an extremely serious intrusion in to our mobile phone accounts with o2. I have been with o2 for 10 years with no problems at all until today... i find a message in my inbox from another company telling me that £4 has been taken out of my o2 phone account. i was horrified to find that this in fact really had happened... i could not believe that o2 would allow access to my private and secure account with them to another company. i rang o2 customer services on 3 occasions and they said at first there was nothing they could do!!! then i was referred to some company called payphoneservices.com or something. in my view o2 should never allow anyone access to a customer's private secure account with them... i still am angry and horrified that o2 have done this... they did not even make an immediate offer of paying the £4 back in to my account... money they had no right to allow out of my account.
why should i a customer of 10 years feel like this? i am hurt angry and astonished that o2 could allow this to happen. i am not the only customer concerned... check the internet forums... there are thousands of people affected and you will not be able to hide away from this. i will take further action as will many other people who rightly want their money back. top up with o2 again? you've got to be #### joking...
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
payg.....erikson are some sort of clearing house for o2 customer accounts that have apparently allowed access to our accounts to a company called Nextcard that as far as anyone can tell are not a registered company... whole thing a scam that i find hard to understand... bottom line is that o2 are not doing the decent thing and paying this money back in to our accounts....
Message 2 of 17

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
phonepayplus.org is the place to complain

and the scammers have hit all networks with this current one random number generators are used.

fowrard the scam text to 7726 o2 spam txt line.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
If you continue to post libellous statements, I will be surprised if you are not banned from the forum altogether.

You may or may not have been scammed but to accuse O2 of behaving illegally is libel, and they clearly have not.

They responded to a request for payment by another company who rightly or wrongly have raised a charge for a service, O2 are quite correct to pay that charge.

As explained above you need to contact Phonepayplus, which you would have known if you had listened to the advice given by CS.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not one statement is libellous Perksie and nowhere do I accuse o2 of behaving illegally. Read my posting again more carefully please. Everything I have written is what happened.

If I walked in to your bank and your bank manager allowed me to remove £4 from your account you may well call your bank manager's actions something stronger than illegal!

It sounds like had it been your decision you would have removed my firm and fair posting and banned me from the forum? People with the same experience would not be helped and that could yet include you.

Thank you o2 moderator for posting my comments..... please see my next posting.
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
There was only one company I was going to entrust with dealing with this matter and that was the company I'd entrusted my top up PAYG account with over the past 10 years...O2. It was nothing to do with Pay Phone Plus... or Erikson... or Nextcard... this was for O2 to put right.

O2 have always been excellent and their customer service top notch over the 10 years I've been with them. I felt confident that if I was firm, fair and honest in my criticism that O2 would take the right action.

After 3 calls to Customer Services I sent an email to O2 with my concerns and criticisms and they replied immediately with an explanation of what had happened and at the same time paid my £4 back in to my account as a good will gesture. I shall be contacting Payphoneplus who should in turn reimburse O2...

We live in a democracy and have the right to express our views. Large companies must be open, accountable and responsible in their actions most importantly to their own customers.

O2 did the right thing by keeping my posting on the forum and paying my money back in to my account... thank you for that. It was the right and responsible thing to do and will help other O2 customers which is what a forum is all about.
Only one comment I would retract and that is I may seriously consider ******** topping up with O2 again!
Message 6 of 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Sorry if I got it wrong, but your topic title inferred that O2 had illegally removed money from your account.

I would also defend your right to voice your unhappiness here.

The moderation here is done by an outside company so some of their actions do not always make sense.

I am glad you got refunded and I hope these people are at some stage stopped from doing this.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Welcome to the forum johnnyfrisco. Interesting thread. Happy you got your money back.
Obviously people need to be direct and persistent to get their money back, just hope they are as successful. As you say, the precedent has now been set so everyone out there need to be vigilant for any strange texts mentioning 'nextcard' and persistent to O2 to have the charge recredited.
As for the statement you would retract, it may be better to edit that phrase out of both posts so that this thread will be left alone by the moderators to help others having the same problem and having looked at http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/02032863990/8
there seems to be quite a few out there.

Glad you're sorted
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Incidentally, the reason for going t through phonepayplus is that they are the official regulator and can force a company to refund you and, more importantly, stop it happenning again.
Whilst O2 can make a goodwill gesture and refund the £4, they do not have the ability to stop this company. So whilst it may seem like a good idea to "firmly" keep on at O2. You would get a quicker and more effective result by going to the official regulator.
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Perksie and StevieJ for your support...

PRKing are you really sure that O2 do not have the "ability" to stop this company?
This would definitely suggest therefore that everybody who has an account with O2 is at risk? Are you sure they can stop it happening again?
At this moment it is continuing to happen so why hasn't it stopped totally already?

After having spoken to O2 I understand that they are obviously taking this matter very seriously and looking to put a stop to it themselves across all accounts which clearly and responsibly is the right thing to do.

I think there is a lot of misinformation over this issue. If your bank manager told you they did not have the ability to prevent withdrawals from your account by a "company" that you had not sanctioned you may reconsider the wisdom of further banking with them!

...I got a quicker and more effective result by contacting O2 immediately.
Message 10 of 17