cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enforcement and termination notice - too aggressive?

Anitajane
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi! Has anyone had an unnervingly aggressive enforcement notice? 
Does anyone know how to escalate this to influence policy & practice within O2 for the sake of everyone, but especially those more frail, vulnerable or for whom English is not their first language?

o2’s letter is v clear re. what they will do next eg re passing my account to a debt collection agency /selling my debt / informing credit reference agencies  (re £12.67)

I couldn’t figure out what I’d not done to warrant the letter.

turns out it must have been a standard end of contract letter (there must be a better way? Eg ‘Thanks for your custom, thanks for being a great customer / choosing to pay by DD / honouring the contract / we’d love to serve you again).

as I completed the 3 month contract period, all paid on time through DD, I received a text advising that ‘we have processed your refund of £35.49’ - no apology that they’d unnecessarily taken too much money. 
At a time of such cost of living pressures, no one needs this form of contact, and esp. not for £12, and def not when nothing was happening out with the contract!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125682 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7547 Solutions

@Anitajane 

Bit of a grim story and I agree, in this day and age this shouldn't be happening, particularly if you have completed your contract on time with no payment issues.

This seems to be a mistake by O2 and if you owe them nothing, you should take a look at your credit rating to see if this has had a negative impact.

You could make a complaint if you wish https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

Anitajane
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you…. Hadn’t even considered it might impact my credit rating. 🤪

Message 3 of 3