Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End my contract now?

Richhhhhhhhhh
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there after the problems yesterday I now have lost all confidence in 02 and I can not rely on them to provide me a service,I lost a lot of business yesterday as I use my phone and data to work from home I now want to leave....will o2 be willing to accept there mistake and prove this by letting me a long time standing customer leave - free of charge no charges.??please advise?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Richhhhhhhhhh
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Oh and before u try stalling facts , I have 12 months left on my contract where do I stand?
Message 2 of 8

iainlew
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Honestly, i very much doubt they will let you go as a result of the outage. it will be covered under their terms and conditions to give them a chance to resolve this and most likely you will not be entitled to any compensation. If you get given anything it would be discretionary.
Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Pay off your device plan or up to end of contract and you can leave today, but that's the only way.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11959 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions
The other point to note is that the Ts & Cs for a consumer (Joe Blogg's) contract is very different to a business contract - which you should be on if you are using your phone to run a business.
Best idea would be to contact your o2 rep or call 8002 to discuss it between 8am and 8:30am - although expect them to be rather busy...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9835 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 2974 Solutions
Sounds like another business running on a consumer contract..

as @MI5 says o2 will let you leave if you pay up, the remaining term and give 30 days notice
--
This is a customer to customer forum, and there is no o2 support on here, and we do not have access to any personal or account information,

We are all customers like you and I don't work for o2,
Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Why would anyone want to leave after 1 days outage?. Remarkable overreaction. It could happen to any other network?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

DanielPA
  • 52 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for reporting issues with the network. As others have mentioned above, we have an official topic about this so we're locking this thread to keep the conversation in one please. Please use this thread for updates and to share your feedback. 

Thanks, 

The community team. 

Message 8 of 8