cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing HTML

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sure I mentioned this several months ago - but as nothing appears to have changed in the interim I thought I'd mention it again (if for no other reason than to increase my input in the forlorn hope that "quirky" might be removed or replaced with some other idiotic lable after my Community name).

When I need to edit the HTML version of whatever I post (usually to insert a </blockquote> tag the edit screen displays only 2 lines of text  as opposed to the 12 or so lines normally available when creating a post. 

This makes editing a little bit tedius and I am sure it would not take more than two or three minutes for a reasonably well trained techy to make the necessary adjustment to permit more editing space.   Are there  any reasons why this simple change could not be made?

I use IE11 and sometimes Chrome - the same issue applies in both browsers.

Message 1 of 99
98 REPLIES 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marjo wrote:

Hi guys, thanks for reporting this again, as in all honesty I haven't remembered to look into this one in a while. 😞 I have asked the forum platform devs for any new updates today after seeing your post, in case there have been any changes we could use. I agree it's a bit frustrating trying to work with such a small typing area!

@Marjo Thank you ma'am!   It would be very much appreciated if a fix were possible. 

I know a man I cang ring for you....LOL

Naughty!!!   You shouldn't keep such company.   Smiley Surprised

Message 11 of 99

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good morning! We have hopefully got a working fix. Can you check again when you go on the HTML tab - we've made some changes and the text editor should be higher than 2 lines now. slight_smile

Message 12 of 99

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
That seems to have done the trick, at least on the PC. I'll check the mobile now.
Message 13 of 99

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Just checked on my PC and mobile and yes much better. Lots of space now to do all sorts of things...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 99

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjo wrote:

Good morning! We have hopefully got a working fix. Can you check again when you go on the HTML tab - we've made some changes and the text editor should be higher than 2 lines now. slight_smile

Very many thanks @Marjo -  that is splendid.  You are a star!    Pushing my luck now -- any chance you could have resolve another matter I raised some months ago?  In IE 11 when I want to insert an emoticon/smiley in a post and I click the INSERT EMOTICON icon in the toolbar above, I get a drop down box with a host of icons.  Unfortunately the slider bar provided is a horizontal one along the bottom edge, instead of a vertical one along the right hand side as shown in this screen clip:-

Insert_Emoticons.JPG

It works correctly in Chrome - but my preferred browser is still IE 11.    I am at that stage of life when little irritants such as this assume a quite disporportionate importance, but I'm sure someone with your charm and gifts of persuasion could sort it all out in no time at all!  wink  

Message 16 of 99

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marjo wrote:

Very many thanks @Marjo -  that is splendid.  You are a star!    Pushing my luck now -- any chance you could have resolve another matter I raised some months ago?  In IE 11 when I want to insert an emoticon/smiley in a post and I click the INSERT EMOTICON icon in the toolbar above, I get a drop down box with a host of icons.  Unfortunately the slider bar provided is a horizontal one along the bottom edge, instead of a vertical one along the right hand side as shown in this screen clip:-

Insert_Emoticons.JPG

It works correctly in Chrome - but my preferred browser is still IE 11.    I am at that stage of life when little irritants such as this assume a quite disporportionate importance, but I'm sure someone with your charm and gifts of persuasion could sort it all out in no time at all!  wink  

Glad you raised that @Anonymous as on the same subject but at a slight tangent, please get rid of the inane robotic emoticons (only people with an IQ of sub 50 or people with fat fingers actually use them!) and space out the others a little better. No problem on a PC or laptop but in the pub on a mobile it gets more difficult to choose the right one as fast as the glasses empty....

Message 17 of 99

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now you have me worried @jonsie   How could you possibly know that I have fat fingers and a low IQ?   Smiley Mad

Message 18 of 99

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Because I was once quirky too LOL

You quirky?  Never!  You must be thinking of someone else! Smiley Surprised

Message 20 of 99