cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable
some advice please.

i'm currently on an o2 simplicity tarriff (12 months) which is up may 10, but i was told i could upgrade early if i wanted but i'll have to wait until feb 10, the question is, can i upgrade say in the next 3 or 4 weeks as i'm looking to get the new nokia n900 if o2 get it ?

do o2 not let you upgrade with them if your paying more money per month and for an 18 months contract ? i would have thought that they would let you upgrade early if they where getting more money off you each month.

all advice welcomed.

thanks.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
as a rule i would say no,

but...

with ir only been a simo, and they have not subsidised a phone for you, they might it would be worth a try, ring them
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
On simo 12m you are allowed to upgrade early (at month 9) but it is to a limited amount of low end phones.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
On simo 12m you are allowed to upgrade early (at month 9) but it is to a limited amount of low end phones.

but would they not like to tie you into a longer more expensive contract if they can ?

regaurdless of how long your into a contract ?
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

but would they not like to tie you into a longer more expensive contract if they can ?
regaurdless of how long your into a contract ?

No, they'd like you to see out the agreement you signed to first.
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't think they are gonna get the N900, not by the looks of things anyway, wait till your contract is up and jump ship, I did, Vodafone have been great slight_smile
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The only phones they will allow you to upgrade early too is the iPhone and Palm Pre

you will still have to pay a cess fee (albeit at a reduced rate) but worth it if your current phone is not what you want

Any other handset and you will have to wait
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any other handset you actually want, you'll have to go elsewhere lol :robotindifferent:
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any other handset you actually want, you'll have to go elsewhere lol :robotindifferent:

When you take out a contract you commit to a minimum period, I don't see what's wrong with O2 making you stick to that. Neither do I see anything wrong with O2 offering an upgrade handset based on your spend. That's what all the other networks do.
Message 9 of 9