cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading a new eSim usin the My O2 App?

Chateau57
Level 1: Joiner
  • 22 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

My wife bought a new unlocked iPhone 13 from Apple  recently and went to an O2 shop to pick up an eSim pack (5g). Later that day when setting the new phone up for her, when it came to adding the eSIM, it didn’t work (scanned the QR code in the eSIM pack, but then showed a status of “activating” for the next few hours)

Can’t remember exactly what I did, but I went into the My O2 app and selected “Swap my sim”. To my surprise, I got the option to download a *new* eSim to the phone. This I then installed via the my O2 app and when the process finished, I had a fully functional iPhone connected to the O2 mobile network with my wife’s phone number correctly displayed. I didn’t have to contact Customer Services to ask for a new eSim pack, text O2 with a Sim Swap request or anything - it was a completely automatic process using just the My O2 App

I haven’t managed to find any documentation on this anywhere, but it clearly works !!! 

A WORD OF WARNING!

Generating a new eSIM, using this method, will disconnect your old eSIM from the O2 network (this happened almost immediately, as far as I can remember.). 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7172 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1592 Solutions

I changed handsets in April, using the SIM Swap I'm my O2

5 min tops

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 11 of 13

joehope
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi Chateau57 did you have to receive a text?

Message 12 of 13

joehope
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi @Chateau57 did you have to receive a text?

Message 13 of 13