cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you care what chipset is in your phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

On PCs I'll admit to sticking to Intel CPUs and lately I tend to seek out handsets with one of the Qualcomm Snapdragon chipsets (though the Samsung J3 I had before the Nokia 5 had an obscure one and I didn't notice a great deal of difference but think I'll be sticking to Snapdragon based phones from now on)

Do you care about this when choosing a phone?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Good point @Anonymous
I haven't done much research on chipsets specifically- I do quite a lot of research generally before buying a phone and especially my computer. It's quite difficult to compare because the manufacturers mix and match so I focus on certain things that suit me.
I also read a lot of techy reviews.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I'm not techy enough to understand bench tests/marks and tend to go off recommendations and reviews. I do however look at the chipset and like yourself, I would go with the Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset if given the choice.

Message 3 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Not particularly.
I look at most of the specs and choose one that ticks the most boxes.
Most of the phones I have had so far have been Qualcomm, but that is just coincidence.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 5

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

It doesn't particularly bother me what chipset is in a phone.  I look more at the storage and camera capabilities than anything else.

Thanks

Steve
Message 5 of 5