cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusted in price rises once a contract is signed

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it is disgusting that O2 decide to raise the bills with so called inflation, we only sign on for up to 2 years and usually have crap service, but we cant then get a reduction in areas that have poor coverage, if they can't wait until customers have the choice to come over, or renew at new tarrif rates then its a bad show and just infuriates customers for such an appitance. Shame on them....

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I'm sure it will be B wink

That's what I thought myself slight_smile However, if so, it does, like I said leave an unpleasant aftertaste. Not very ethical, if you ask me. slight_smile

Message 41 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Of course it will be B. That's life these days
Message 42 of 50

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Of course it will be B. That's life these days

If that's the case, I wonder what would be the score with sim-only customers who are on 30 days contract. Can picture a conversation here happening sometime before April:

O2: Hello, how can I help you?

Customer: Is it true that from the next month my monthly charges are increased by 1.1%?

O2: That's correct.

Customer: Ok then, I would like to give you my 30 days cancellation notice and ask for a PAC.

O2: Can I ask why are you planning to leave O2?

Customer: To avoid getting charged extra for the same tariff. I'm going to cancel my contract, then re-join, sign up for the same tariff and keep paying the same price that I'm paying now. slight_smile

Message 43 of 50

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122358 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Seems like a plan.....if you have a lot of time to spare LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 45 of 50

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Well, I'm not on sim-only, so this is just some theorizing here from my part slight_smile If I was though, I'd probably try and do it that way, secretly hoping that the O2 advisor would not want all the hassle as much as I wouldn't and offer me some sort of loyalty discount orr smth to offset the annual price increase slight_smile

Message 46 of 50

Cleoriff
  • 122358 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@cyrillicguy wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Well, I'm not on sim-only, so this is just some theorizing here from my part slight_smile If I was though, I'd probably try and do it that way, secretly hoping that the O2 advisor would not want all the hassle as much as I wouldn't and offer me some sort of loyalty discount orr smth to offset the annual price increase slight_smile

I am on sim only but a 12 month plan...so I am unable to put it to the test...but I do like your thinking..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 47 of 50

BusyDragonfly20
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I totally agree.

If O2 can increase the price on an existing contract, then we should be able to terminate said contract without having to pay exit fee's.

A contract is a contract. You sign to agree a price, they have no right to increase that price as and when it suits.

Message 48 of 50

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@BusyDragonfly20 

Playing devils advocate.

You read and signed a contract that clearly states that o2 increase prices every year by x%+CPI and to be fair it is clearly displayed all the way through. 

If you dont want price rises then tough all MNO's do and 99% of MVNO's do as do ISP's.... 

In future don't sign a contract unless you agree with all points on the contract, and have read it in full, and understand it, and not just tick a box. 

About time o2 put a quiz at the end of a the signup process and ask questions about the contract YOU are signing. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 49 of 50

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:

If you dont want price rises then tough all MNO's do and 99% of MVNO's do as do ISP's.... 

As far as I know the only MVNO that doesn't have a price rise is Tesco. Not sure about anyone else.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 50 of 50