cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusted in price rises once a contract is signed

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it is disgusting that O2 decide to raise the bills with so called inflation, we only sign on for up to 2 years and usually have crap service, but we cant then get a reduction in areas that have poor coverage, if they can't wait until customers have the choice to come over, or renew at new tarrif rates then its a bad show and just infuriates customers for such an appitance. Shame on them....

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I bought both my contacts from Carphone Warehouse they spent at least 5 minutes making absolutely sure I understood the price rises. The info is there but people choose not to take note or remember it
Message 21 of 50

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's also in your My O2 and on your bill every month - No one has any excuse for not knowing this year.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been with o2 4 years with not even 3G they kept telling me coming soon but never did
Message 23 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Many places don't have 4g or even 3g. Believe it or not but 20% of the uk landmass has NO COVERAGE at all. The broadest coverage is vodafone covering 82% landmass with a minimum 2g coverage.
Message 24 of 50

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I have been with o2 4 years with not even 3G they kept telling me coming soon but never did

So why stay and not go with a different network?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 50

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Not sure why you bothered renewing with O2 then. I moved an account to EE to take advantage of 4G.

Message 26 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Suspect they are in a 2g only rural area and that is the best they can get
Message 27 of 50

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I certainly wouldn't have stayed with O2 if I got better service elsewhere.

Also I experienced a 'wonderful' thing yesterday. For the first time ever (for me) I saw the 4G icon at the top of my phone.. I nearly dropped it in shock...Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 50

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Also I experienced a 'wonderful' thing yesterday. For the first time ever (for me) I saw the 4G icon at the top of my phone.. I nearly dropped it in shock...Smiley Very Happy

Good lord, there'll soon be an epidemic.....Shocked

Message 29 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't drop it, you might have to upgrade to a Note 4.

Crikey
Message 30 of 50