cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusted in price rises once a contract is signed

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it is disgusting that O2 decide to raise the bills with so called inflation, we only sign on for up to 2 years and usually have crap service, but we cant then get a reduction in areas that have poor coverage, if they can't wait until customers have the choice to come over, or renew at new tarrif rates then its a bad show and just infuriates customers for such an appitance. Shame on them....

Message 1 of 50
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We get the same posts every year.
O2 have made it clear that prices will increase every year in line with inflation.
I guess the emails have gone out for this year already ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We get the same posts every year.
O2 have made it clear that prices will increase every year in line with inflation.
I guess the emails have gone out for this year already ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 50

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm quite surprised that some people seem to unaware of this as it's stated on all contracts for the last couple of years and was highlighted by the media.

Message 3 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have only just joined O2 and already a price increase within two months?

Message 4 of 50

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We'll still get them though I'm sure slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 5 of 50

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have only just joined O2 and already a price increase within two months?

It makes no difference - The price increase is EVERY April, regardless of when you join.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the main thing to be disappointed with is the rise in prices of other things like a text to Jersey or Guernsey is now not covered by your tarrif so will cast 20p a go. And the rise in international call charges certainly isn't in line with RPI as the price of a European call jumps from 60p a min to 1.00 a min. That certainly isn't 1.1%!

Message 7 of 50

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Calls to the Channel Islands stopped being included 18 months ago, so I guess texts have now been included too.....?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apparently so.
Message 9 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
3 months of contract left the going to Three due to broken O2 promises
Message 10 of 50