cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointing service from O2 Recycle

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know that O2 Recycle are a seperate company from O2 themselves but they are affiliated with them and I think that O2 should be aware of the very poor, and I'm having to be very restrained here, service that I recently had from them when I sent them an iPhone4S 16Gb for recycling.

At the time I was quoted (Last week) the recycle value of the phone was £215, I requested their senders pack and waited for it to arrive. It arrived on Monday and after thoroughly reading the terms and conditions I managed to get the phone sent registered mail on Wednesday. Prior to that I took photos of the phone which has been in a case it's entire life and has never been dropped, as far as I could see there was no visible damage to it.

I got a text this morning, I think by now you realise where this is going, "We have received your phone and have sent you an email with our revised quote on it." This disturbed me somewhat so I went to my PC and checked my email, sure enough they had reduced the offer by 10% "due to cosmetic damage".

Obviously not being too happy with this I called them back straight away, I had barely been on the phone 30 seconds with the person and they were offering to put back on £15 straight away. Interesting because at £193.50 I'm probably going to get it sent back and at £208.50 I'm probably going to take the hit because by the time I get it back offers from other comapnies are going to be below that anyway.

I've been with O2 as a customer since 2005 and I have to be honest I've had another difficulty with them recently and this isn't doing them any favours at all.

If anyone from O2 does read this your lack of straightforward lines of communication for complaints is another feature that's not good.

As I said at the top of this message I realise that O2recycle is not ran by yourselves but I think someone should have a look at their business practices.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

if you search o2 complaints procedure on google it gives this link http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C... hope that helps

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Adam, just writing an email now, much appreciated

Message 3 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

id never send a phone in the post for this very reason.

should have just taken it to the shop

Message 4 of 27

GrahamF
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 138 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 5 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

or better still, take it in to a Cash Converters/Media Exchange shop for a better price & instant cash in the hand!! Smiley Very Happy

Everything will be OK in the end. If it isn't OK, then it's not the end!!
Message 5 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GrahamF wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

or better still, take it in to a Cash Converters/Media Exchange shop for a better price & instant cash in the hand!! Smiley Very Happy

yeah, im taking my iphone 5 to CEX where I can get £613 for it! what sort of person pays more than that for a second hand phone??

Message 6 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

To anyone thinking of giving 02 recycle a chance. Don't. it is outrageously poor / borderline scam. I sent in my iphone 4 that was valued at £99. I was offered £19 and told the screen was damaged. It wasn't. On pressing for more information about the damage I was told it was a problem with some dead pixels they have found in their 'lab'. I insisted the phone was returned and examined the screen myself, with a blank white screen and a microscope. No such pixel damage. To prove the point I then sent it to mazuma and they paid me full price £100, no qualms. There was no damage - it is just an outrageous ploy to rip me off.

If I could, I would cancel my contract and move elsewhere. I have been a loyal o2 customer for many years - lending your brand to this dishonest outfit is ridiculous. If you can't police the service you offer under your brand, don't be surprised when your customers take go elsewhere. Disgraceful.

Message 7 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wish I had researched O2 recycle instead of trusting the brand.....e.g. threads like this and the many other complaints about them scattered over the internet (which I intend to proliferate through every possible social media channel....

Message 8 of 27

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The number of complaints posted here about O2 Recycle is minimal.

Hardly like to be a scam either when all of the cash created goes to charity.

If you can have the phone returned as you did where is the scam? Smiley Frustrated

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
I find mazuma mobile very good never had a payout less than valued on internet and always same day payment
Message 10 of 27