Did you mean: 

Dire Speeds?

thehangryguy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

20210908_072340.jpg

So this is typical speed for me at work.  This is first thing in the morning, best it probably gets, as the day goes on it gets more congested and as the day goes on things like iPlayer, YouTube just don't work. I can't even do a speedtest by about 4pm.  This has been on going for quite a while, as you can see full strenght 4g, I only really need data at work, when at home I get 20mb plus but of course have WiFi so don't need 4G. Not fit for purpose.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Hi @thehangryguy - had the same thing 4 or 5 years back. I found switching my phone's SIM settings from 4G to 2G/3G really helped - the 4G service was oversubscribed and had zero throughout from about 13:30 to 17:00 weekdays. On 3G, I could get from kbps download to 6Mbps, which worked wonderfully until I switched back to 4G at home. O2 added capacity in that area a while after (I kept logging issues with 4G on the O2 Network Status Tool on the website) and service is good on 4G at any time now.

Info here on the tool and general network troubleshooting if you need it on top of 4G step down to 3G at busy times: Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Message 2 of 4

thehangryguy
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Amazing, 3G is 20mb, 4G not even touching 3mb

Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

All those shiny new phones on 4G, sucking the signal dry - people forget about the 3G setting - and phones don't step down automatically. 🙄

You're welcome, @thehangryguy.

Message 4 of 4