Did you mean: 

Device Plan payments

Graham_Lee10
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

So I've been with O2 since March 22 and have contract for an iPhone 14 pro Max, add-on for apple watch and a separate data contract for a Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 pro as I also have a Galaxy S handset I use occasionally. 

In November 22 my old paid of Apple airpod pro gen 1 gave out and I decided to get a set of gen 2 on a device plan from O2. 

In April this year I decided to pay off the device plan completely and did this over the phone paying £116.05 on my card and was advised that payment had gone through. 

Two weeks later I cancelled my direct debit for the airpod device plan thinking it was done. The device plan page in the MyO2 app didn't load so I assumed all paid and closed. 

Then in May it was still listed on my account and managed to open it saying I had missed a payment. 

So over the course of the last two and a half months, I've since found out that my original payment was frozen and not allocated to the airpod device plan but also cannot be refunded to me automatically or manually and I've had to go through my bank to do chargeback. Before this I had attempted to pay 2 further times, again without success. 

This is obviously an IT issue but when you call you're passed around and have to explain that whole situation again. 

O2 then suggested paying by bank transfer which I did last week and the £116.05 has been allocated to my normal mobile account. 

I've lost track of the number of calls I've made to O2 over the last two and a half months and the lack of action and urgency to get this cleared up. The device plan now says I've missed two payment which I'm sure will now start to show on my credit record, which is currently really good. 

I'm going to make another call today and raise an official complaint now. 

I'm not sure what else can be done to resolve this. 

I am close to the point of telling them to terminate all my contracts and I'll return the phone, galaxy watch and airpods and move on. Not sure if this is possibly legally. Its not a question of me not paying the contract, but I have paid. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35951 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions