cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deposit return missing, adding amount of deposit to air time bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yesterday I received a text saying I owed O2 £325 as part of my unpaid air time bill. This is so obviously an attempt to scam a second deposit out of me or to retain my rightfully returned deposit (which sat as credit for the longest time on my account, despite my clear original instruction to refund it to my bank account at the due time). When I contacted O2 Alan assured me that I did not owe this amount whatsoever and my deposit would be returned in 10 days (same thing Parak****** advised 5 days or so prior). Following the phone call which confirmed I didn't owe this amount, an email came through saying I owed it still.

O2, can you advise why you are behaving this way? I've also been given a daily charge of around £3.50 on top of that.

I believe this is a threatening scam aimed at the less informed or vulnerable to retain your deposit amount, dressing up one service or charge as a "required deposit", because I'm of poor credit (even though I've paid all bills especially the ones which were double the cost at my own fault with no complaints whatsoever).

In short, misleading information regarding deposits (you should clearly state that after three bills it is returned on your fourth, a vital piece of information pretty much all O2 staff fail to declare), deposit credited to account despite instruction to refund it, customer service throwing me from one department to another for over an hour, even after telephone confirmation incorrect and demanding email sent out.

So who do I report these scammers too? The FCA?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ugh, the censorship of a customer supports name is ridiculous. His name was Parak*s*h*i*t....or was that just a fakey name?
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
If you are not getting any sense out of cs raise a complaint for it to be investigated for you http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Ugh, the censorship of a customer supports name is ridiculous. His name was Parak*s*h*i*t....or was that just a fakey name?

Probably the way the profanity filter is set up and the way you've heard the name in attempting to write it down. We used to have lots of fun with filters Evil

Message 4 of 4