cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell Streak 2.2 Froyo Update on O2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Please advise when the Android 2.2 (aka Froyo) release will be available for 02 customers
Thanks in anticapation
Message 1 of 164
163 REPLIES 163

Anonymous
Not applicable
that seems to be o2s approach at the moment... say a date and then randomly change the date closer to the time mid Nov.... end Nov.... early Dec.... now mid Dec......
Message 31 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
that seems to be o2s approach at the moment... say a date and then randomly change the date closer to the time mid Nov.... end Nov.... early Dec.... now mid Dec......

Decemeber has always been the date on the Dell website as far as i'm aware.
They make the software for both branded and unbranded versions of the Streak. After they make it, they pass it to the service provider to check. Once it's verified it's ok and no problems it's then rolled out.
Message 32 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
i believe there has been the 2.2 update (unoffical from o2) since nov sometime? or am i mistaken?
Message 33 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
Keep the faith people.
When 2.2 does 'offically' wink arrive on O2 handsets, get rid of the stage UI by using Launcher pro and the Streak flies. It will never be an Iphone killer but no handset will but only in my opinion because it doesn't have the third party support for accessories that Apple have. grin
Cheers,
Jon.
Message 34 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally I've found the Streak to be a top bit of kit. All those people out there whingeing about the ipad not having flash or can only use itunes, or the Samsung Galaxy Tab being too expensive, too big to be a phone etc etc, when is there going to be a real successor the ipad blah blah blah.... Its already here, its the STREAK on 2.2. I wasnt about to sit around with archaic 1.6 so I rooted mine with 2.1 as soon it was available, did the same with 2.2 and had it running for ages now with no problems. The official 2.2 will be here soon enough and 2.3 is just around the corner. All this AND 3.0 Honeycomb is on the way for screens over 4" and tablets with 1ghz 512ram.... so thats US again with the Streak people!!! Cut the moaning and get modding. Had mine since day 1 and still not bored with watching iphone sheeplike followers faces when I pull out my monster...avi films, kindle, sat nav, flash and the best texter bar none called "Swype" - read it and weep........
Message 35 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't got the 2.2 yet...and will patiently wait for it.Disco 77...I totally agree with your comments...The Streak is just brilliant...but the narrow minds who don't look past it being a more than a phone,its abit annoying the comments like What the hell is that?...Oh,why are you carrying a tv in your pocket?...Its a brick!...but,people are slowly coming round when I show the joys of video on the large screen,and being able to type effortlessy when sending emails.I am also amazed by the speed of things on 3G...which is great for stuff like you tube and tvcatchup mobile..(recommended!!)...Also,there is a little gem of a browser called Skyfire,that allows you to play some video content that previously wasn't available.I must admit that my love for my streak was far from instant,and it has taken time.I know i have done the right thing getting the Streak,and I know that things are going to get even better...
Message 36 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is now pretty much mid-December and no froyo still. Could anyone from O2 update us please?
Dealing with a semi-functional device is absolutely a pain, and the delays to get us the code are absolutely staggering, especially because the standard android code with almost no change would probably do a better job. I am really upset at the deal that O2 is giving us so please, some update will make me feel a bit better.
I am now frustrated enough to probably not stay with O2 when I have to renew my contract, this is really a way to lose customers.
Message 37 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
FYI.
Welcome to O2 live chat. Someone will start chatting with you soon.
You're through to Luke.
Luke: Hi I'm Luke. How can I help?
Me: Hello Luke. I have recently bought a pay monthly dell streak. The guy in the shop said that it would get an android 2.2 (froyo) update very shortly.
Luke: I'll be happy to help you.
Me: I have looked on the o2 website and the forums but haven't read any information from o2 as to when this might happen. Any help? Thanks.
Luke: Give me couple of minutes to check this for you.
Me: ok
Luke: Thanks for your patience and I'm sorry for the delay getting back to you
Me: no worries
Luke: I'd like to inform you that you can only get an android 2.2 (froyo) on or after 15 December 2010.
Luke: We’re working with Dell to bring an O2 variant of Android 2.2 (FroYo) version to the Streak, but we’re keen to be 100% sure that the software is stable and that the update process itself is as smooth and robust as it can be.
Me: So, will that come as an update (OTA) to my phone?
Luke: So, O2 is targeting mid-December for this to be available and that we’ll be able to provide a more accurate release date closer to the time.
Luke: Yes.
Me: Ok, thank you for your help.
Luke: Is there anything else I can help you with?
Me: No thanks.
Luke: It was pleasure chatting with you.
Luke: Wish you a great festive season and Merry Christmas.
Me: you too!
Message 38 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
b.s.
Message 39 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
lets not lose hope guys. there's still a few more days till the promised date. miracles might just happen this christmas!
Message 40 of 164