cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell Streak 2.2 Froyo Update on O2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Please advise when the Android 2.2 (aka Froyo) release will be available for 02 customers
Thanks in anticapation
Message 1 of 164
163 REPLIES 163

Anonymous
Not applicable
I too was having issues with the Browser crashing and glitchy performance.
After seeing a thread on here about doing a backup and factory reset of the phone to fix the issues. I thought I may as well give it a try.
Happy to say that the phone is now working great following the reset and restore slight_smile
Tim
Message 151 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all Newbie Here, Just thought you would like to here me info.
I downloaded the pkg from the link that one of you provided from the Dell Web site, Downloaded fine was working fine, but then all of a sudden,could not get emails/browser not working/slide to open not working/contact not there,so i reset phone to manufactor setts it re-booted all ok,and now working perfectly i just had to phone o2 cust serv to get my browser setting set up who was very helpful. I was concerned after downloading the pkg that someone said the site informed people that the d/load would not work on o2 but mines fine after the reset, but i did not recover my backup due to being concerned it would reset my browser setting.all my contact were now there as the must of orig been saved to my SD. hope this is some help to someone. wink
Message 152 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
anyone got the MS exchange working yet?
Message 153 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
Factory reset sorted my browser issue too, win!
Message 154 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any official dell streak froyo update link?
Message 155 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just gone through all posts to see if i could find the dell PKG link where i downloaded, and its not there looks like its been taken off this site. :robotsurprised:
Message 156 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok GOOD NEWS to thoes don;t receive the updates on their phone..
I got this from dell form, they provided a link to download manually
----------------
Hi Folks,
I was recently informed that the O2 OTA update for Froyo would be available starting today. I had a customer looking for it, but no luck as of a few hours ago. So I provided him with a manual link for O2 customers. The link appears to be working, if you don't want to wait for the OTA update. Here you go: ####
If you are an O2 Streak customer, please post here with any feedback on the Froyo update (include whether you used the link above or whether you got the OTA update automatically).
Thanks!
Amy
THIS IS WHERE I GOT MY LINK FROM
Message 157 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually I potsed the link from the dell website but O2 has removed it.
If any of you need that link, please google it.
The link from the dell stil exits. I just checked.
Message 158 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, to the people having no CONTINUE WITH UPDATE button once they backup their data and then click the back button:
Do not click the "back button" on the Streak. What o2 mean is click the little grey icon on screen that says back. They could of been a lot clearer with instructions as I pressed the streaks hardware back button and just found myself going back to the BACKUP MY DATA page.
Message 159 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am a old git who has no idea what how to get the new download onto my phone as it wont download diddly, all since the 2.1 update, so many of the things it did do disappeared and I stuck with it because I liked the phone, but have now been sent two updates but just not able to access and download.
Can anyone in simple language tell me where to go and what to do to get my phone working properly? If I can't looks like it will be in the draw until I decide that the only place for it is in the bin!!!
Message 160 of 164