cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell Streak 2.2 Froyo Update on O2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Please advise when the Android 2.2 (aka Froyo) release will be available for 02 customers
Thanks in anticapation
Message 1 of 164
163 REPLIES 163

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's another with an annoying kid doing the voice over
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPH5NBVU5A8&feature=related
And here's one for doing it manually (ie download file to PC etc)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPH5NBVU5A8&feature=related
Again, hope these help
Message 141 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the same experiences as other people, the glitchy browser closes etc. Then today I switched the streak off. When I switched it back on it would not go past the dell screen. As I had backed everything up anyway I just performed a factory reset. The streak then booted up fine. Funny thing is, all the little glitches I was noticing on froyo on the streak seem to be gone too. Running perfectly! So for problems, factory reset might be the answer, if you've backed up of course.
Message 142 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
when you say temperamental you mean .... ? I tried it a few times (and you tube) and it seemed fine .....

Installed the Adobe Flash Player app through Android Market (more to have updates available), restarted the phone and now the content on the BBC website plays great. Interesting.
Message 143 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes wireless networks are okay.
Message 144 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
For the 5th time:
Just hit the back button that will take you to the screen with the download and install option.
Message 145 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes wireless networks are okay.

Does detect your wifi? Does it get as far as requesting a password?
Message 146 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been looking into this. when the phone has just installed the .PKG file it works fine and the 3G icon appears and it works.
Once I configure WI-FI then it will never use 3G again.
The .PKG file I have shows the network modes for the mobile networks as GSM / WCDMA auto or just GSM only or WCDMA only.
Never seen this before !!
ANYWAY SORTED THIS.
Go into SETTINGS\WIRELESS & NETWORK SETTINGS\MOBILE NETWORKS\ACCESS POINT NAMES. On mine this was blank... CHOOSE MENU and then RESET TO DEFAULT.
You then have 3 options appear.
Make sure Mobile.o2.co.uk is selected and it then works.
Thanks for your help
Message 147 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
I cannot get past the 'download backup & restore' stage of the 2.2 update. That download keeps failing.
Message 148 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey there , thank you for your answers guys.
But I have not had luck yet , the gray button that says download underneath the Backup button isn´t even there . even if i backup or not , i can go back and forward , maybe some browser setting ? does that make sense ?
Best regards Thomas
Message 149 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Thomas,
Go to SETTINGS-ABOUT PHONE-SYSTEM UPDATES and try to start again
Message 150 of 164