Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delays in receiving SMSs and Voicemails

PsetfromBuda
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anyone else suffered from delays in receiving SMSs or Voicemails? I've noticed for the last few weeks that (not all the time) I'm getting these having been sent to me hours before. Yesterday, I got an SMS and a Voicemail relating to it seven - yes 7 - hours later. I'm getting blamed for not looking at my messages! What's the procedure here?

PestfromBuda
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93346 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6986 Solutions

Try cleaning the simcard or get a replacement from your nearest O2 store. They will swap all your details for you.

Check your postcode for local issues : O2 Service Status

Sometimes forcing your network onto any other in the settings and then changing back to O2 when the error message appears will reconnect to the messaging system.

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
  • 93346 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6986 Solutions

Try cleaning the simcard or get a replacement from your nearest O2 store. They will swap all your details for you.

Check your postcode for local issues : O2 Service Status

Sometimes forcing your network onto any other in the settings and then changing back to O2 when the error message appears will reconnect to the messaging system.

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've known network congestion to play a part in delays too.

Frustrating isn't a strong enough word when it happens !
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem, a few minutes ago I recieved all text messages that were send to me 3 days ago (29/10) until today!

This has never happened to me before and I do not know what to think. Calling people has been working fine and so was me texting people. But the replies did not arrive, as  later discovered.

Literally minutes ago, all text messages arrived together, including ones warning me that my Simplicity has finished.

I must say this is totally unacceptable and I will need a good explanation.

Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 147245 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I must say this is totally unacceptable and I will need a good explanation.

Good luck and do enlighten the rest of us when you get it wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply, from your tone I understand that I should not expect much. Would you say that this problem with O2 is typical?

Because if it is, its is a good reason to start looking around for providers.
Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 147245 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
Delayed text messages have been a feature of O2 for years unfortunately, no idea why, but they suffer more than other networks do.
Rebooting your phone daily seems to help though.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
That is plain bad news for O2.

I do not have much experience with them or any other network in Britain, but I also noticed a connection error appearing relatively often when attempting to call.
I suspected from that alone that their network saturates easily, but along with this new thing on delayed messages for several days on end, is a sign of negligence, if not of pure cheeckyness.
Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 147245 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
This is probably a bad time to be with O2 in some areas as they are doing a lot of work on the network to increase capacity and range for 2G, 3G and 4G services. Once the work is complete they should be far superior to any other UK network but we need to put up with some minor disruption whilst the work is ongoing.
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Minor disruption is not something that affects what i consider as my main channel of reliable communication in my private and proffessional life.

And they need to do work, slow down as you do not understand your role in this field correctly.

If i needed unreliable communication I would stay on skype and fb all day, with no need to pay for phone calls voicemail or messaging. Which is after all the main source of revenue for O2 still, I suspect.

Phone communication is a reliable service in contrast Internet communication. We depend on its service so much that we place and weight our decisions on the outcomes of phonecalls, missed calls, voicemail and even messaging. We know mistakes happen, but we expect a fair warning to prepare us.

But I guess it is all the same for O2.

Slow down the work you are doing. This is your role and it is major.
Message 10 of 13