cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO NOT GET 02 INSURANCE *CANCELLING CONTRACT*

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lost phone EIGHT days ago (Weds 11th Oct).. Claim form faxed and received by o2 Insure the same day.. Had my claim finally reviewed a week later (Weds 18th Oct) by the o2 Insure team whom one (very cocky) staff member said “We do need a break and a rest ourselves”.  Claim was finally approved, however; I was told there is no stock of my Apple Iphone 7PLUS and will have to wait up to a month for my replacement. I advised the colour did not phase me, and would it be possible to collect said handset from my local o2 store. I was denied this option as o2 Insure “are a different entity”.

Having no phone is difficult at the best of times but I'm the Head of a Trauma Department in a hospital, therefore carrying my Macbook about is not feasible.

In total my services from o2 accumulate to over £100 per month and I, in no certain terms will be cancelling my contracts as soon as I have received my replacement handset – if not before as I would not need to pay my next £100 phone bill, and that could go into a new contract with EE and/or temporary handset.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Sorry to hear of this experience. Should you decide to cancel your contract info here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/How-To-Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

If you want to complain, follow the advice in this link https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

MI5
  • 144285 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
You will also need your PAC to retain your number https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you cancel then you will be liable for any fees outstanding
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im fully aware there will be fees however none outstanding only a 30 day notice required. In the process of making formal complaint. Such a shame the insurance side lets o2 down colossally.
Message 5 of 13

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, welcome back to the community!

We are sorry to hear about your poor experience with the insurance team. Please follow their advice and at the same time, we will send you a Private Message in case there's something we can do to help out. Wave

Thanks @Anonymous, @MI5 and @Cleoriff for your help and advice  heartHero

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you all for your comments. Still no phone. Told by insurance team not to call - they will email me when phone in stock. I'm a sitting duck now.
Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 144285 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Sod that.
I’d be phoning them at least 3 times a day until they fulfilled their obligations.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 13

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

Me too. I'm sick of O2 and any company they are involved with taking us for mugs. 

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I’d bug the hell out of them until I have said device in my hands. After all. It’s what you pay the premiums for
Message 10 of 13