cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNSSEC www.dnssec-tools.org with 8.8.8.8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I can't make heads or tails of this Community layout in where the boards are so here goes.

So I've got a 4G Dongle this it mostly a backup connection to my ISP virgin media I've been trying to work out a problem with dnssec and the test at www.dnssec-tools.org and think its down to your HTTP proxy so to test I use just 8.8.8.8 which supports dnssec set on the NIC so it must use that for DNS over 4G. Now when a test on virgin media with 8.8.8.8 for www.dnssec-tools.org it passes but on O2 4G it fails. At this point you might be thinking dnssec is not supported over 4G with O2? Wrong because it does at another dnssec site at dnssec.vs.uni-due.de and both pass.

So I'm very sure its down to the HTTP proxy you put on the O2 4G connection thats messing the DNS SEC test up for www.dnssec-tools.org

Anyone else seeing this?

thanks

Message 1 of 63
62 REPLIES 62

Cleoriff
  • 123064 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:
It was safer just to do a lot of sniggering in the background....LOL

Snigger ! ?.....this is a seriass serious subject.....well it would be if we knew what the aim of the test procedure is, after a bit of Googling we can guess and probably we are correct but who knows ?.....and as I said earlier, as far as I'm concerned the thread is closed. 

Crikey you are getting seriass serious in your old age....Thread closed? I was just getting into my stride....Hero

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 61 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:
It was safer just to do a lot of sniggering in the background....LOL

Snigger ! ?.....this is a seriass serious subject.....well it would be if we knew what the aim of the test procedure is, after a bit of Googling we can guess and probably we are correct but who knows ?.....and as I said earlier, as far as I'm concerned the thread is closed. 

Crikey you are getting seriass serious in your old age....Thread closed? I was just getting into my stride....Hero

It was just getting warmed up 

Message 62 of 63

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 63 of 63