cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been on hold for 28 minutes to activate my new SIM.  Live chat has been busy all this time too.  This is ridculous wait times - you should at least be offereing a call back service within the hour instead of leaving us hanging on and on.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been on hold for 28 minutes to activate my new SIM.  Live chat has been busy all this time too.  This is ridculous wait times - you should at least be offereing a call back service within the hour instead of leaving us hanging on and on.

@Anonymous This is a customer to customer forum, no one from O2 will read this, just keep persevering on the phone or go into your local store 

Message 2 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Have you tried to activate the sim yourself? Text Active to 2020, save the settings that you get back then reboot the phone

I wouldn't trust any sort of callback if honest. If they have very few advisors available they will be answering phones not spending time calling back.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
If it's a replacement sim or an upgrade do it yourself here http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Customer service is awful.  JoinedO2 yesterday help desk call wait was over 40 minutes today it is over 1 hour and 15 minutes.  Live chat is constantly busy, never been able to use it.  No response yet to email questions. Despite my attempts I have had no customer help within first 36 hours.  Seriously considering ending contract and reverting back to old provider.

Does anyone from O2 read these comments or comments on general internet reviews?  The service is rated appalling with no positive reviews that I could find.  What is the company doing to address its customer service shortfall?

Message 5 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

This is a customer to customer forum. The only people from O2 who would read your comments are the community forum staff.

Just wondering if there is anything we could help you with? As long as it isn't account related we are able to answer questions on most things...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 26

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

I just got through straight away to live chat as you can see from the timestamp.

Anything we can help with?

Screenshots_2015-08-29-15-07-59.png

Message 7 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been hanging on for 65 minutes.  Its a joke and STILL WAITING!

Message 8 of 26

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It doesn't seem to be getting any better 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 26

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Weekends are the worst possible time to get through  but yes, it's like getting through to the Pope just now slight_frown

Message 10 of 26