cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer loyalty

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have any of you experienced any loyalty from o2? E.g when requiring an upgrade or in any other curcumstance have they been considerate to your needs?

I have been with o2 for many years first on pay as go, then contract. Whilst on pay as you go I used to recieve free o2 sims online and would top them up incase need to use in emergency but they went on to block the sims due to non usage even though they've been clearly topped up by a customer and have unused credit on them. Upon querying this I was told to call back with each sim and long number at back to get it unlocked and start using again however due to numerous sims an length of process I never bothered and lost out on my topped up unused credit.
I went on to get a samsung s5 on contract and had an old friend who worked in the branch, they managed to get me an affordable deal on o2 friends scheme, however in october 2015 I had water damage on my phone and it stopped functioning. When contacted o2 they advised phone cannot be repaired and offered a new deal charging more money as said I no longer qualify for o2 friends would need the friend to re-request the deal. At that time had lost contact from this friend and was desperate to have a functioning phone again so went ahead and tookout a new phone on same number, costing more than the s5 deal I was given a A5 handset on a 24 month contract. O2 did not take past loyalty from me into consideration, they could have offered me the same deal as was getting with o2 friends based on my circumstances this would have meant a lot to have had some sort of feeling they going slightly out their way for me. Its not like they could not afford to offer the deal as why would they offer it to emoloyee friends if it was not viable for them?

Anyhow when this new handset A5 contract began I was direct debited twice for the new deal and old one. I had to go out of ny way to chase o2 up to get this sorted with them. After this mixup I kept being called from month one of the new contract by o2 advisers offering me a new upgrade, this became a nuisance as recieved far to regular calls offering new deals when had already taken one out. This resulted in having to add the numbers to auto reject list. Anyway now that the handset has been paid of I am paying £18.99 p/m for 1gb of data and unlimited calls and sms. But o2 have cheaper pay as go deals or sim only deals offering more so why do they not auto offer to existing customers? Why harras existing customers to upgrade from month 1 of new contract but when contract actually due to expire you do not bother offering anything? Have any of you experienced anything similar? How do you leave o2 but keep your existing number?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I doubt you will ever get O2 to offer cheaper deals to existing customers. You have to look for these yourself. (I upgraded at the beginning of the month when they had a sale and I am paying less this year than last for the same tariff)

In answer to the last part of your post about leaving O2... follow the advice here

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/How-To-Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526 

Getting your PAC to go to another provider https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278  (this includes info about keeping your number )

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You say you device is paid off so you are now free to switch to a sim only deal of your choice.
Some good offers on at the moment too.
https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P12M
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Ps. If you do want to leave you will have to get your phone unlocked to accept a sim from a different network.
How to here but check coverage on other networks by using PAYG sims before committing to a lengthy contract with any of them.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous O2 have operated on a 'fair deal for all' policy for some time now. Loyalty hasn't counted for anything for years. O2 also have a policy regarding Pay & Go sims that you have to carry out a chargeable activity once every six months or the sim will be deactivated. It's in the Terms & Conditions. It's not O2's fault that you put credit on a sim and didn't use it.

I'm not sure what it is you think you should be getting, or why you're complaining? Whatever you do or don't do with your phone is your responsibility. O2, and every other network are there to provide a service. You can change how you are contacted, and how often in your MyO2 account.

The others have given you links as to what to do if you want to leave. First thing you should do is make sure your coverage will be adequate from another network before you do anything.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 13

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Hopefully O2 policy will change and they will reward loyalty. It isn't hard to implement and they need to after recent events where customer care went out the window.
Message 6 of 13

Bambino
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Their reward of late has been to eliminate services that were vital to some people, i.e. TuGo, so I can't really see them bringing back any loyalty reward scheme any time soon.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 13

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There's already additional line and family plan loyalty discounts and those "Trailblazers" are aware of new schemes coming.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 13

Bambino
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

And what about if you are a single person with no family? Don't you think the rewards being offered are just a little bit discriminatory?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 13